• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chevy Malibu with 2.4L 4 cyl reliability / budget car discussion.

Re: Re: Chevy Malibu with 2.4L 4 cyl reliability / budget car discussion.

TBItoy said:
https://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-impala-ss/6228005224.html

already gangsta blacked out for ya :stir:

I'm a cheap mf so I'd buy this:

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-lumina-ltz/6227269973.html

or
https://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-malibu/6224247253.html

or a sweet ass wagon

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevrolet-malibu-maxx-ls/6226542178.html
That Lumina said no title lol. I ain't high hatting driving a beater, I am just looking for something a little nicer than any of those lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

44BRAND said:
Yes the Ecotec platform is still the same. Your L200 had a chain driven water pump just like the newer ones. Saturn actually got the ecotecs back in 2000 when the Lseries platform came out. I worked for Saturn back then as a tech. At first I thought they were going to be a overhauled version of the Quad 4, which would have sucked, because they looka lot alike. The ecotec turned out to be a lot more durable though. I've seen a lot of them go high 200s on mileage. You can't go wrong with a 4cyl. Toyota either though.
Good to know, may call the guy with the Malibu and see if he still has it.

Re:

Found this Camry with only 45k miles, stupid low for the year. Looks like somebody **** in the back floorboard, but that looks like a sweet deal for such a low mile unit in otherwise great condition.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/silver-toyota-camry-le-sedan/6217098979.html

muddinmetal said:
I still want a Malibu Maxx SS :****:
:****:
872374629.jpg

Ill be interested to hear what you think about it. Me and the ole lady are going to end up moving down to my dads farm and neither one of us want to give up our jobs where were at so were gonna be commuting 75 miles to work each way everyday and were gonna need us a nice gas saver car to carpool together in.

onepieceatatime said:
Ill be interested to hear what you think about it. Me and the ole lady are going to end up moving down to my dads farm and neither one of us want to give up our jobs where were at so were gonna be commuting 75 miles to work each way everyday and were gonna need us a nice gas saver car to carpool together in.
It drives and rides great, comfortable car. One of my best friends drives 80 miles one way 5 days a week to work and bought a '16 Malibu new last year and loves it. He's had it close to a year and a half now and seem like he already has over 40k miles on it. The new ones are really nice inside. But he gave $24k for his, I gave $6k for this one haha. I feel like this is a lot of car for $6k. I hope it's at least half as dependable as the Saturn.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Well I reckon I'm done picking up chicks, but the wife digs it too. Lol.

I was thinking more like meeting clients/customers, etc.

If a chick won't roll with me in a Saturn, then I don't want her in a Benz either. :****:

I had those Mailbus as rentals a couple times, the seating position seemed weird, like my head was behind the B pillar and I couldn't look left. And the window sill is so high that it was really uncomfortable to try to rest your arm on with the window down (but that is all newer cars, damn side impact standards and whatnot)

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
I was thinking more like meeting clients/customers, etc.

If a chick won't roll with me in a Saturn, then I don't want her in a Benz either. :****:

I had those Mailbus as rentals a couple times, the seating position seemed weird, like my head was behind the B pillar and I couldn't look left. And the window sill is so high that it was really uncomfortable to try to rest your arm on with the window down (but that is all newer cars, damn side impact standards and whatnot)
The window sill is a bit high but doesn't bother me at all. The way the FJ Cruiser was, was wayyyy worse. Uncomfortable sumbitch to drive. I def noticed the b pillar thing, especially first time I went to pay in drive thru, it was then that I realized how far behind it I am with the seat all the way back, still not bad tho.

Only things I've found wrong with it is the blinker does not turn off after you turn, so the little thing that catches in the stalk is apparently broken. Got in it today and it did not remember the audio settings I had it on from yesterday (bass, treble, etc). Both no big deal.

Re:

Thought I could play music through my phone, but apparently bluetooth connection is only for phone calls, which is gay.

Re:

Wireless is the way grasshoppa. Gonna buy a bluetooth dongle or something. I hate plugging up a wire everytime I get in the car. Lol

So I am a little late to the party and been tied up around the house. So I am gonna make a couple statements and maybe someone can confirm or deny.

1) Do you know on your Malibu you bought if they fixed the headlight bulb change screw up? I had several friends that bought like the 08 models (I believe) and the damn front bumper has to be pulled to change the headlight bulb. I told one of my friends to buy a bulb and bring it and we would figure it out. Chevy quoted $180 to change it. I swear I could not get my short fat ass arm in there anyway I tried. Not sure he isn't still driving it with a blown out headlight. Best advice I could give was to take it to a body shop and ask what they would charge to pull the bumper cover, not being mine I didn't wanna take a chance of busting a clip or something.

2) Almost all of the 08 and around that year model Camry 4 cylinders are being recalled for rings in the motor and burning oil. They are basically rebuilding the motors the satisfy the service bulletin. Not doing new rings in bottom in but new pistons and rings in the top end. Pretty easy to have it checked. They change the oil and mark everything for tamperproof and you carry it back in 1000 miles and they check the oil level if its below such level they rebuild the motor. Of course this leaves a discussion if a rebuilt motor is as dependable as a factory built motor and all that stuff.

3) I know it isn't pimping but our local Mitsubishi dealership was selling brand new lil egg looking hatchback cars (cant remember the names) for like $6800 because of the color. Now you would have to drive a pink, green or something ugly car but still hard to beat a brand new car with warranty for that kind of money.

Latest posts