• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

chevy spring conversion

Ten4

i'm doing an sas on my 87 yota. i'm putting a 4 inch lift spring in the front plus the hanger so that will give me 5 inches of lift in the front. i want to put the 63" chevy springs in the rear. my question is how much lift will the chevy springs give me and how long of a shackle should i use?

Get the front done and then you can set up the rear to match. Shackle length will depend on where the front spring hanger is placed, which will also determine wheel base.

i already know my shackle length in the front. i want to know how long of a shackle i should get for the rear.

i already know my shackle length in the front. i want to know how long of a shackle i should get for the rear.

have you already mounted the solid(front) mount for the rear springs? Once you do that you can then figure out how long of a shackle you will need....Do you know how much the springs will flatten with weight on them?

Last edited:
He is talking about where you put the front spring hanger on the REAR spring,That dictates how you build everything else.:mad:

DUH:rolleyes: All he wanted to know was how long of shackle he would need for the rear. If he's got the front suspension done and figured out his wheelbase, then it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how long of shackles he'd need.

Latest posts