• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Child seat for Jeep riding

BMWhittle53009

We have a 1 year old that we are looking forward to introducing into the wheeling world soon, and I am trying to figure out the best seating option for him.

I have a bench Corbeau in the back that I can put his carseat in, though I'm not sure how I would strap it in safely ... and I am up for suggestions on a preemy seat.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice...

Thanks in advance!

I use a Recaro car seat & strap it in with the lab belts and it even has a strap out the top that you could weld a tab & hook that strap too and pull it tight. My little boy has rode in it since he was 6months old out wheeling and still works today and he just turned 3.

Lap belt a carseat in the bench seat. Then add rachet straps to keep in pulled in tight.

Buddy of mine built a spot for his little girl.
Takes the seat in snd out I've seen him on his side
Waiting for us to turn him over snd she was grinning
Like a possum

RustyC said:
Lap belt a carseat in the bench seat. Then add rachet straps to keep in pulled in tight.

We think alike, I was saying this the other day when I put a car seat in the wife's car for our niece.

Yep even if you put a knee in the seat as you install, sometimes they still wiggle around. Put down some folded bath towels to keep from imprinting the seatcover. It helps spread out the marks made by the seat base.

Buy a suspension seat for him.... not a car seat. Take the bench out. We built my sons so we can remove it if he doesn't go. It mounts to the stock bolt holes. You can not get a car seat tight enough in a bench seat. :gtfo:

I use a car seat and where the seat belt goes down use a looped type ratchet strap on each side then the safety strap that hold the back down that cannot come loose unless it is cut. it is actually tighter in my buggy than my truck when I do it this way. Of course we just do easy trail riding when she goes and take it easy over rough terrain.