• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chocolate Brown Sugga daily driver project

wheelinjp

Picked up a cool lilttle project yesterday. I am racking up the miles on my megacab and need to give it a rest. So I bought this 86 nissan kingcab 4x4 for 6hundy. needs a transmission and some little odds and ends like the wipers areent working and the heater fan motor shakes the dash. I will have some help with the tranny swap, but the little stuff should be fun. I still need to go pick up the canopy too. So here is the start of it all. I will get some interior pics too.

HPIM2752.jpg

this thing is straight as an arrow
HPIM2750.jpg

there is some rust here and there, this is the only through rust though.
HPIM2753.jpg

i picked up the rebuilt tranny, new clutch,
freshly turned flywheel, new clutch cyl. , new tthrowout bearing, and spare driveline today for $2hundy. with licencing im in it 908 so far. The heater fan had a rats nest in it, cleaned and reinstalled. The old tranny is out and I had to pick up a new rear main seal from nissan. Tomorrow I should have the seal in and the tranny back in. Hopefully will be a driver by tomorrow night. I know I know its a nissan but its in good shape for the price. Obviously not hammered.

Last edited:
i had one exactly like that not to long ago that had a 302 in it.. in fact i have a canupy for it still if you need it....its not in perfect shape but all the glass is there.

nice little truck...i had one about the same 86 i think king cab they move good... get urself a different key setup just like older toyotas these are easy for theives

thanks guys. I have a canopy for it I just have to go pick it up. thank you though.:awesomework:

All fixed and put 10 miles on it. Drives nice but has a hiccup every once in a while, cant figure that out, but I plan on replacing all filters and do an oil change next. Still need a stereo. I forgot I pulled the motor for the wipers apart the other day and then never tested if it fixed it. Well it did to my surprise. Tomorrow will be wiper blades, fuel filter, and maybe an oil change.