• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lilith (6 days project)

Bebop

Guys,

You might remember the few 6 days projects I shared in the past.

The team from GoldenCoastCustoms is at it again, building another full tube crawler in 6 days.

That's everything from scratch in 6 days, including chassis, interior, wiring, etc, etc. The vehicle will be running and driving on Sunday.

They build in shifts and won't stop for 6 days.

Specs are as follow :

Land Rover V8 3.5L + 5 speed transmission and transfer case from a Range Rover
Nissan Patrol GQ axles
40" trepador tires on Raceline beadlocks
Airschocks, full hydro etc...

They are building it for Cecile, the current owner of my samurai that I sold after moving stateside :

dsc_0233_rasso-2018-jpg.139870

You can watch the build live on youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn499-s2ezA

I forget. Was their a reason they do it in six days or is it just for the heck of it to see if they can?

The Luke said:
I forget. Was their a reason they do it in six days or is it just for the heck of it to see if they can?

The OG 6 days buggy was a challenge as the owner only could take 1 week off work.

The following they got during that week was insane so they kept doing 1 or 2 buggies this way per year. So far they made over 5 buggies this way and never failed.

That's crazy .... I thought I was stupid for doing the Dirty Thirty in 5months laughing1

Some awesome planning and prep going into something like that,crazy crazy :****:

This week has been crazy. I finally get a chance to open it up and watch and it's flippin paused. Who do they think they are taking a break? Get back to work. You're not getting paid to take breaks. :****:

They did it again !
After 6.5 days, the buggy drove out of the shop on its own.

9-D43396-C-980-B-493-F-9686-0-E441-B388413.png

E73-B7704-A3-D1-4-C1-F-AE4-C-5274-B8-BD2-EB2.png

0-D2-DBE5-E-8-EE5-4399-BDCD-6484-EB23-C3-B6.png

73-F5065-F-DDD0-4-C8-B-BC21-C8-CC5-DDDF5-DF.png

How to roll tubing with a pipe kinker...

The whole buggy was built with it :

2019-04-25-9-57-34.png

"rolling" tube with a kinker SUUUUUUCKS. my first truggy had a "fitted" exo cage that followed the cab profile exactly...

pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"-pump-pump-pump-pump-move 1/8"

yeah, something like that...

Imagine how much faster they could have built that buggy with a tube roller haha

I'm not sure they had the budget nor the time difference really would have mattered.

The upper cage took 8h of work our of the 6.5 days.

Dang that's moving. Impressive.

I understand the lack of budget. I'm over here rocking the tube kinker