• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris's toy (Sandtrap1986)

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So a while back chris dropped his toy off for some lovin.

He started the 4.3/th350/toy case swap and thats pretty much where he made it to. So he contacted me in regards to getting it done up.

chris-1.jpg

So I had a few hours this last weekend and figured I would get a little start on it but won't get much done since all my time is being centered on getting Dale's MB done and home..

I got the motor pulled. I was going to pull the trannsy/t-case but chose to let it sit in place.

chris-2.jpg

These are going away for my own style.
chris-3.jpg

And its now bare so I can strip the frame..
chris-4.jpg

But thats pretty much my start and I will continue VERY soon....

He is getting it road worthy running and driving with all his infinite wiring and 4.3 badassery skills... plus a couple other little crashfab mods after that

Last edited:
Here is a better picture. I pulled it out tonight so I can clean the engine bay up and going to drag it over to the other bay as soon as I get the other rig moved over(small enough to drag across the shop,lol)

chris-5.jpg

cool build. are you yarding out the body lift? how hard is it to wire up the post tbi 4.3? I got good at the 87-91 tbi small blocks with a stock pickup harness, but never tried the 4.3 thats a couple years newer. I might be getting a lunked up sami that needs a motor so I will need to learn this swap. watching anxiously. :cheer::awesomework:

Do me a favor N put the front spring bolts threw the corret way!!!! Its driving my crazy!!!!:mad::mad:

cool build. are you yarding out the body lift? how hard is it to wire up the post tbi 4.3? I got good at the 87-91 tbi small blocks with a stock pickup harness, but never tried the 4.3 thats a couple years newer. I might be getting a lunked up sami that needs a motor so I will need to learn this swap. watching anxiously. :cheer::awesomework:

For now the body lift is staying ....simply because it mostly going to be a mall crawler/ atv hauler/ light snow runs after i drive it a bit that might change

Do me a favor N put the front spring bolts threw the corret way!!!! Its driving my crazy!!!!:mad::mad:

Haha my bad everything was kinda thrown together last minute ...you should have seen the picture with the 39.5 mocked up two tires on the left were treaded the wrong way and the two on the right were opposite...that really would have got you mad lol

Ok so I got the engine bay cleaned up and the rig moved to the big stall--things will start happening in the next few days....

chris-6.jpg

AWESOME!!! BTW I will be stopping in around Wednesday/ Thursday, I can bring you a couple of those harbor freight dollys with my normal compliment of parts if you still need them ...its right down the street from my place:thumbup:

ok ok ok......

Ok first step frame prep.. I had a few minutes so I drug out the plasma and started killing stuff..

Passenger side was a cake walk.

chris-7.jpg

The driver side on the other hand is going to take some work. 1/4" plates are on each side of the frame and I am going to have to remove a portion on the inside frame rail for the motor mount landing...

chris-8.jpg

Just a lil start as I will be gone for the weekend....

First one :awesomework:

I like the second and might have to get a set for future projects :awesomework:

Dad bought a set of wheel dollies for the garage....comes in real handy moving the jeep when it is not running. :awesomework:

First one :awesomework:

I like the second and might have to get a set for future projects :awesomework:

The second set don't tend to agree with over-sized tires. Atleast in my experience.

I picked up a set of dollies at the Moonshiner swapmeet, they are made out of plate steel and are about twice the size of those HF ones. Been using them for a few years now, love them. Some guy sells them, he's usually in the newer building near the swag offroad booth.