• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chris's toy (Sandtrap1986)

Make sense to me Mike I will give them a call and just push the order through for that new computer thanks for looking that up

Some of it was still fresh in my head. When the code popped up I double/tripple checked my wiring to make sure it wasn't a problem with my wiring.

96-99 there is zero difference with the CMP sensor and the wiring with the sensor. The 2 inputs from the CMP to the VCM are even the same connector/terminals. All the sensors on the motor are even the same and interchangeable. The only thing I have seen different thru a couple years was what terminals were used for the injectors but that is irrelevant to what we have.

Also reflashing the VCM to eliminate the code is also wrong/wrong thing to do. This system requires the CMP sensor for sequential injection.

Maybe a question to ask them is, when they do a custom burn on the ECM, do they eliminate the Sequential Fire Injection on purpose to simplify the program? And they just forgot to turn off the CMP code trigger criteria??? Just a thought here...

Maybe a question to ask them is, when they do a custom burn on the ECM, do they eliminate the Sequential Fire Injection on purpose to simplify the program? And they just forgot to turn off the CMP code trigger criteria??? Just a thought here...

Good question

I would hope they would never do that--would be back asswards....

Thanks for the inputs and tech mike and Kevin called him again and after talking with him they don't mess with sequential timing when they flash so I just pushed the order through for another one since they cant actually check that portion of the computer on there test motor they have in there shop. So sending mine for a reflash and then waiting for them to send it back just to install it and find out its still bad would suck ......he said it should go out today :beer::beer::beer:

odd..... Ya nothing showed yesterday.. I gotta fix one thing I totally forgot about--drip rail for the vcm...