• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chrome Moly shafts....Again

ForMud

I know it's been asked before plenty of times here and other places.....What can I expect to get if I order a Yukon #W26028? An Import outer with a domestic inner? Or a domestic inner and outer? It seems like in the past you never knew what you were getting. Also is there anything new on the market that's any better for around the same price? I've found I can get a set for about $1100.00 by ordering at Walmart using my wifes employee discount. anyone know of anyplace cheaper?
And lastly... How do you think theses are going to hold up with 44" boggers, 5.86 gears, doubler, TH350 and a basically stock 350? My driving style is slow as in old man slow. Mostly Northeast rocks and Harlin type trails...I will stand on it if needed.
The last year I've shattered and long end and snapped a joint on the otherside. I'm down to my last spare outer shaft so I need something better than stock shafts and don't have the cash for a set of RCVs.

I would think you would be fine with shafts like that based on your specs...

but buy a good ujoint. I see so many people buy good/decent shafts and then a **** ujoint and when it breaks they wrongly blame the shafts. Most breakage I see is the ujoint breaking and taking out the shaft ears with it.... get some good ujoints, standard 4340 shafts like that, and roll out. youll be fine!

slravenel said:
I would think you would be fine with shafts like that based on your specs...

but buy a good ujoint. I see so many people buy good/decent shafts and then a **** ujoint and when it breaks they wrongly blame the shafts. Most breakage I see is the ujoint breaking and taking out the shaft ears with it.... get some good ujoints, standard 4340 shafts like that, and roll out. youll be fine!

That part# comes with their Super joint....Seems I like they hold up if you keep them greased

I just got a set from East Coast gear supply. American outers (Foote), Yukon inners and Yukon Super Joint. Not too far off the price you stated for the all Yukon kit.

Would be worth the time to call them or send them a message to see what they can do for you.

TBItoy said:
you can just about order ANYTHING through Walmart online. It's like an online marketplace like Amazon/Jet/etc

Walmart purchased Jet. Probably why their online expanded.