• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CJ windshield frame, Crusty style

I didn't get the glass done for the weekend, so we went wheeling without it :redneck:
It worked perfect. I didn't abuse it too hard, but it ties nicely to the cage and seemed very rigid when *cough* accidently *cough* rubbing a tree. I'm pretty happy with it :D

It gives the rig a more agressive look IMO, because of the inclined side.
ws_frame_mounted_04.jpg

Awww, that primer was less than 24 hours old :booo: :flipoff:
ws_frame_scuffed_01.jpg

Crusty,
Did you re-install the windshield defrost vents?
Was thinking about how you did the bottom, and it still should be conducive to utilizing defrost. Plus you should be able to re-use the bottom foam seal under the frame too.
Tony

TreeClimber said:
Did you re-install the windshield defrost vents?
Was thinking about how you did the bottom, and it still should be conducive to utilizing defrost. Plus you should be able to re-use the bottom foam seal under the frame too.
Should be possible, but no, I didn't do anything to address defrost vents since they don't do jack unless you have a top and doors :redneck:

I'm actually planning to rip out the giant stock heater box and replace it with a smaller floor heat only unit.

Well after this thing sat in the glass shop all week :rolleyes: I was getting really worried they were gonna end up dropping the ball on us, but they got it done at 5:30 this afternoon :rolleyes:

Everything went right together and it's ready to have the crap wheeled out of it during/after the cleanup tomorrow :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I hope it doesn't rain hard though because I had no chance to get a bikini top cobbled together...

ws_frame_done_01.jpg

ws_frame_done_02.jpg

CrustyJeep said:
Well after this thing sat in the glass shop all week :rolleyes: I was getting really worried they were gonna end up dropping the ball on us, but they got it done at 5:30 this afternoon :rolleyes:
Yeah, after me bugging this piss out of them for ALMOST dropping the ball....:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

NO MORE WEARING PROTECTIVE EYE WEAR while driving/riding in the jeepster!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

it took some hits the next day and had no issues that i saw.

come this winter i bet you will be wishin you had a defroster....
ya still got all the parts?

Hip said:
it took some hits the next day and had no issues that i saw.

come this winter i bet you will be wishin you had a defroster....
ya still got all the parts?
We haven't used the defroster since the full soft top went buh bye two years ago :D

my windshield fogs up a lot but i have a huge wet dog blowing his breath all over also.

i am to the point now i realize summer is finally over and i cant wait for some deep snow....