'48 Willys CJ-2a build

• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

jwilson645

Picked up the sweet little Willys from J-Mox this weekend as a project for my son and I. It runs great and can be yard driven as is but needs a few things before I would take it on a street. Will not be a crawler or anything. The idea is to just restore it back mostly original, although I will have to create some more leg room.

Attachments

98TJ

I've always wanted a flat fender.....maybe a CJ3B. But I'm just too damn big for one. I think those things were designed around 5'6" 135 lb soldiers.........but I still want one. I had about convinced myself I could fit in one until I got into a CJ2 with the full doors and top. Not a lot of room in there. :)

csutton7

for larger lads you can cut into the fender wells a bit and move the seats back unless you stretch the body....

98TJ

I wonder about that. It looked like the seat could come back quite a bit with the wheel well cut. I wouldn't want to stretch the body and screw up the classic look.

jwilson645

Yes, I have seen the wheel well cuts. We will probably be going that way with it. Trying to keep it as factory as possible but I'm 5'11" and my son is 6ft at 15 yrs old already and he will be driving this too.

jwilson645

No picture worthy progress so far. We've been working on getting the lights all working. We did take it for a little ride around the neighborhood.

Looking for a media blaster in the Birmingham area now.

Trending threads

Today's birthday