• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clod lower link mounting?

darius

Shorter than LRZ
Next question, how are you guy's mounting you're lower link's? Pic's please. I already have mine as a roller and seem's to work fine, but just wondering what is used to attach you're lower link's.

My lower links are connect via the axle tube brace.
Mine is setup using 3X16MM screws and 3MM loc nut to connect the links to the axle brace. You will need to drill throw the upper hole to fit the slightly larger screw.
Mike
axlewithservo.jpg

Last edited:
so are you're bolt's going through side to side or up and down? when I had mine underneath they seemed to bind too soon under droop, so mine are mounted on top of the trusses and I had to get fancy with the servo mounting.

The bolt is going in the side where the axle brace connects to the knuckle.
Here's a closer look.

axlebracelink.jpg

axlebracelink1.jpg

smr4runner said:
The bolt is going in the side where the axle brace connects to the knuckle.
Here's a closer look.

axlebracelink.jpg

axlebracelink1.jpg

Damn, I want your camera. I was going to take photo,s saw this and figured why waste my time! He could also use cone washers to get a little less bind.

He he. Thanks
I didn't know my rig was that dirty till I loaded the pics on my puter.
Damn eyes must be going bad. :D :redneck:

I had the same thought, but I am using some traxxas 112mm control arm's that I got at the local hobby shop. mounting them there would shorten my wheelbase even more, right now I'm at 14 3/4, and don't wanna be shorter. It's only a roller right now, but seem's to work fine.

darius said:
I had the same thought, but I am using some traxxas 112mm control arm's that I got at the local hobby shop. mounting them there would shorten my wheelbase even more, right now I'm at 14 3/4, and don't wanna be shorter. It's only a roller right now, but seem's to work fine.

You can build new links for about $20 bucks proobably less. It's very simple.

I know but I alrady have about $40 tied up in the one's I have, so I'll use them to start, this is my first crawler. I still need another servo, battery, and reciever. I've got stock clod tires and shock's right now, I know they suck, but I just wanna get it moving and upgrade later.