• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Concerning Reiter--up and coming.

funny you put it like that mike!! i do get involved! up here! and i know dnr doesnt have to do anything. and when your ready to get involved up north we can help each other.

sorry next part is a rant!!!
look at all the bs involved with everyones ego at reiter. every time i go there it always turns into a big **** comp... guys with built rigs look at the lesser rigs like they dont belong.
my favorite thing ive heard at reiter way to much is your rig dont belong on this trail! whos trail is it? not yours! all of ours!! and if the trail is so extreme then they should be labelled.
so try and get a bunch of jack asses like that involved in saving a place,and im sorry its not gonna happen!!
now walker may not be the free for all like reiter,but i have yet to have someone tell me i have no right to be there...

and kim knows me. i remember talking with her for hours at walker about reiter.. you are lucky you have her there to work with... the thing is reiter is close to being shut down.. truth hurts!!

Get involved up there. We don't have enough folks to take care of whats down here.

As for the big ego thing---you are dead on. But as for fear of reiter closing--thats not true, at least not in the seeable future (1.5 years)..
But every weekend there is a nail in cofin by those who have the "going to do what the fawk I want".

crash i dont have a problem helping out!! i dont know why you would single me out,and say i dont get involved. ive only met you a couple times. and from what i can tell you do a lot for that area,and i got respect for you for that...

ok i would also like to add ive only gone to reiter less then 20 times. so i am not in the rtw,or the reiter die hard club. but i do like to go different places.
i would like to go more, so yes when the time comes. i will throw it out now,i will help at the next work party. i have also helped at clean ups!!

so when was the last time you die hard reiter fans helped with a work party or clean up at another area?
and reading this thread does make reiter sound like a free for all place..
you got guys saying f- the others if they cant make it,guys saying i will take the ticket. wtf?
the only way to save this place is to get organized. wether you want it to be orv or not thats gona be your only hope of keeping it.
and yes that means making access for all users... now that doesnt mean you cant have trails with more difficulty. just acess to the areas..
walker is a good example,after gates,and mild gate keepers. the amount of trash up high is reduced,the weekend pallet fire partys have reduced.there still is problems but reduced problems...

mike you have kids , so do i.. 1.5 years is the near future...
i remember going to reiter when i was a kid.. my son has rode his dirtbike there also.
i would like to some day see my grandkids doing this same stuff. also at reiter,and anywhere.:awesomework:
its about being able to have fun now,but keep it for the future use also!:awesomework: so like i said the next work party.

good luck this weekend! hopefully we can all find some access. cause my rig aint a buggy,and it sure cant drive on the road.:cool:

As far as a fix for poop shoot, i would use those concrete paver thigies that are used in other areas for steep hills or to solid up areas.

crash i dont have a problem helping out!! i dont know why you would single me out,and say i dont get involved. ive only met you a couple times. and from what i can tell you do a lot for that area,and i got respect for you for that...

ok i would also like to add ive only gone to reiter less then 20 times. so i am not in the rtw,or the reiter die hard club. but i do like to go different places.
i would like to go more, so yes when the time comes. i will throw it out now,i will help at the next work party. i have also helped at clean ups!!

so when was the last time you die hard reiter fans helped with a work party or clean up at another area?
and reading this thread does make reiter sound like a free for all place..
you got guys saying f- the others if they cant make it,guys saying i will take the ticket. wtf?
the only way to save this place is to get organized. wether you want it to be orv or not thats gona be your only hope of keeping it.
and yes that means making access for all users... now that doesnt mean you cant have trails with more difficulty. just acess to the areas..
walker is a good example,after gates,and mild gate keepers. the amount of trash up high is reduced,the weekend pallet fire partys have reduced.there still is problems but reduced problems...

I singled you out because you didn't have the facts--plain and simple. It wasn't meant as any disrespect bill.

As for any major organization---we are in limbo due to the ORV commitie (do you understand fully whats really going on up here with the commitie the DNR has organized?) and can't really do that much.

As for other ares, cleanups and work parties and such. Here is the problem with that. Those who wish to involve thereselfs both on and off the playing field--well we are VERY slim and can only be spead so far. If more folks would get involved then those issues wouldn't be--well issues.
I was asked to run for a position in the PNW some time ago. I had to say no way because I would rather focus my efforts at a local level because at that level--its pretty weak.

As far as a fix for poop shoot, i would use those concrete paver thigies that are used in other areas for steep hills or to solid up areas.

Sure that would work, but who's going to foot the bill for probably a couple thousand dollars worth?

As for the big ego thing---you are dead on.

I really haven't witnessed much of that. Not to say it doesn't happen but I think you may be getting that impression from reading things on the net at places like here. People are full of BS on the net. Especially on web pages like this one that are based on BS.....
How many times have you actually been at Reiter and witnessed someone being told they don't belong on a trail?

Sure that would work, but who's going to foot the bill for probably a couple thousand dollars worth?

Yah I know. I was kind of thinking out loud. Besides after wednesdays meeting it seams like we really can not do much of anything up there any ways.

I really haven't witnessed much of that. Not to say it doesn't happen but I think you may be getting that impression from reading things on the net at places like here. People are full of BS on the net. Especially on web pages like this one that are based on BS.....
How many times have you actually been at Reiter and witnessed someone being told they don't belong on a trail?

every time i go there. and in fact the last time i made a post about the jack asses,and there im better then the rest attitude they have.

lets see i made a bad line choice on rhinoland. so i was told i shouldnt be there. followed an ifs runner up it later same day no problems for either of us...
everyone had buggys and 40 plus tires so i was told i cant run up izzy because im only locked in the rear with 37's. wtf
ive been told i shouldnt be on cable trail cause the buggy guys were running it and they dont want to deal wth lesser rigs,also been told the same in the cawk garden..

my peice of crap may not look like much,and if i dont think i will MAKE IT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY NO.. BUT SOME ONE JUST TELLING ME I CANT CAUSE THAY WANT IT FOR THEMSELVES IS WRONG.
and there is a small group of you guys with your buggys who just think you are better. ive been in the main lot,and some buggy guys wont even acknowledge me pulling my junk off the trailer so yea that sucks.... they just sit there and think that shitbox is gonna be in my way!!
hell i wont even drive up and LOOK at the OM. could only imagine the crap that some would spew just seeing my junk up by it. even though i just want to see a badd ass rig do some cool chit!

the only way to save this place is to get organized. wether you want it to be orv or not thats gona be your only hope of keeping it. and yes that means making access for all users... now that doesnt mean you cant have trails with more difficulty. just acess to the areas.. [/QUOTE said:
I think that you are right in a lot of ways. But also there needs to be education of what is going on. What could happen.
I wonder if the different originations that are up there and also DNR would be interested in putting out a brochure explaining more of what is going on and what we all need to do to keep it, Some basic rules of the trail. Also some way to let people know where the areas of concern with DNR are and ways to lighten the impact

I have heard it a # of times--and I won't say who because that just brings up more lame BS. And when I men hear it---not on the net but on the trail. And its typicly full tube rigs (never heard ANY body who had a full bodied rig say that)..

I have heard it a # of times--and I won't say who because that just brings up more lame BS. And when I men hear it---not on the net but on the trail. And its typicly full tube rigs (never heard ANY body who had a full bodied rig say that)..

In what context? You mean like giving a guy input and letting him know that he may be in over his Head?
Or just telling him to get TF off the trail you don't belong here?
**** call em out.:corn:

every time i go there. and in fact the last time i made a post about the jack asses,and there im better then the rest attitude they have.

lets see i made a bad line choice on rhinoland. so i was told i shouldnt be there. followed an ifs runner up it later same day no problems for either of us...
everyone had buggys and 40 plus tires so i was told i cant run up izzy because im only locked in the rear with 37's. wtf
ive been told i shouldnt be on cable trail cause the buggy guys were running it and they dont want to deal wth lesser rigs,also been told the same in the cawk garden..

my peice of crap may not look like much,and if i dont think i will MAKE IT I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY NO.. BUT SOME ONE JUST TELLING ME I CANT CAUSE THAY WANT IT FOR THEMSELVES IS WRONG.
and there is a small group of you guys with your buggys who just think you are better. ive been in the main lot,and some buggy guys wont even acknowledge me pulling my junk off the trailer so yea that sucks.... they just sit there and think that shitbox is gonna be in my way!!
hell i wont even drive up and LOOK at the OM. could only imagine the crap that some would spew just seeing my junk up by it. even though i just want to see a badd ass rig do some cool chit!

I actually think its kind of funny how some people tell me that i can not make it up one spot or an other then they see me due it and wonder how. I know RubyDoo has limitations but so far they have been few and far between.

I've only been to reiter once, but isn't there anywhere to park (the tow rig) in the upper area? Or does everyone pretty much run trails in both the upper and lower areas everytime they are there?

In what context? You mean like giving a guy input and letting him know that he may be in over his Head?

I have heard it in both context's Granted in one formI have to agree and I say it where a rig just doesn't belong on a certain trail--because I believe thats apropriet.

**** call them out- Fawk that, brings drama --in turn stupid bull ****. I am better than that.

I've only been to reiter once, but isn't there anywhere to park (the tow rig) in the upper area? Or does everyone pretty much run trails in both the upper and lower areas everytime they are there?

If you go in the upper entrance (where the second big sign is), you can park back there under the power lines as long as your carefull.

i dont have a problem with input. hell if someone says they think i might not make it i usualy get out and walk it to decide. and i have left trails and waited for others because i wasnt sure of my rig,or maybe myself.
half of wheelin for me is to watch others. hell i love watching buggies make easy work of something. i have just as much fun wheelin to an area just to watch the more capable rigs. then wheelin myself.

we realy need to have some more organized trail runs for newbies,and maybe one for guys like me,not realy new but not full blown hardcore nnr candidate.

For some of us wheeling isn't a social event, so don't expect ever swinging **** in the parking lot to come over and say hi. Communication works both ways, walk your ass over to the buggy assholes and talk to them. You'll be pleasantly surprised to find that they are in fact human.

I don't let anyone tell me shitbox want make it, I'll listen to what they have to say and then go look and make up my own mind. You should do the same.

Seems to me that you believe to much of the BS on the internet about the EBP and such...but that's just an observation by what I have read on the internet :eeek:

That's ****en bullshit Mike.

Everyone preaches about enforcing the rules, education, and turning people in when they **** **** up for the rest of us, why is this any different?

If they're doing the community an injustice do something about it...or just don't bring it up.

That's ****en bullshit Mike.

Everyone preaches about enforcing the rules, education, and turning people in when they **** **** up for the rest of us, why is this any different?

If they're doing the community an injustice do something about it...or just don't bring it up.

Turn people in for what in this case? It creats stupid drama and I didn't bring the subject up. You know who that are--I have been around you guys when its been said.