• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coors light + tire groover=

why 3 blades?
I've done like 3 sets on 2 blades...

looks good though, similar design to what i do on those tires.

I was gonna ask the same thing, but it looks like the thinnest blade width, and he's cuttin' really deep. On our club's groover we've done 4 sets of tires on one #6 cutting 3/8"ish deep--just changed it on the last one of my TSL's I just did...similar cut design as well...wakes 'em up fer sure...

Ur supose to turn ur heat up N roll the tire inside N do the grooving from ur couch!!!!!:awesomework:

took me longer to mark out mine than it did to actually do the cutting...

yes, i marked them first... i wanted them to be as similar to each other as i could get...

before...
tire_before.jpg

after...
tire_after.jpg

:redneck:

Yea I was using an extension cord.I dont know why I went through 3 blades:)beer:)pushing to hard?I did 3/4 of the tire on an old blade that grooved 2-3 of my 42's. Quadboy where ya at?

I know that with my cheapo groover, if i let it get good and hot in the bigging, and take a break halfway through a tire, its all good. I bent one when the groover was too cold and i pushed to hard.

Everthing is a factor...

Out side temp. how clean the tires are. how big the tires are. how ur cutting them. sometimes even how drunk you are:beer::beer::puke::beer:

The last set I did was in my kitchen...:redneck:

X2 on what JAWS and Damnyankee said...

The extention cord draws to much and doesn't let the iron get really hot...

yup... I grooved mine while sitting in my living room, in my recliner, watching a movie and drinking a beer... or two...or.....

i still have to do my spare.... but... no huge hurry, just yet...

IMG_1722-1.jpg

a little over and hour and a case of PBR:beer::beer::beer:

Although I didnt take it all the way through on the outter lug in hopes itd keep the strength of the lug. I know watching my outter lugs grab on the rocks/roots i had feeling if i cut them in half they might peel apart one day...

One of the best mods ive done to the ol' jeep. No joke, it was a night and day difference in how she performed in the rocks. Rather than slipping off everything they grabbed for once!