• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Costco 8000# winch

dangerous toy

is anyone running the 8000# winch from costco or know any details about it. my bro just got one and peeled the champion sticker off, it looks like a nice winch for $299! if anyone is running it and you arent too ashamed to admit it, lemme know whatcha think. thanks, DT

Not a bad winch.:awesomework: Buddy of mine has one on his Cj5, works good.

I've never had any issue's with the cheapo winches, if you can get over being slooow it's a good deal.

Goddamn winches arent as cheap as they used to be, just a few year's ago(seem's like) an M8000 was $449, Just bought Nike one on saturday and got a good guy deal for $600.

And the best part is that if it sucks or dies, you just take it back. Just don't let it get stolen.

Of course, it would suck for it to break or stall in a critical situation... But if you gotta buy a cheapo winch, I'd rather have Costco to stand behind it than Harbor Freight.

They are the same ones as the HF winches. Nothing wrong with them other than the slow line speed. I run the HF 10,000lb one with NO PROBLEMS! I had an 8,000lb HF that I burned up 2X, each time I took it back and got a new one NO QUESTIONS ASKED! The 10,000lb one has not given me whimper yet:redneck: For the $$ I don't think they can be beat:awesomework:

HF 8000lb = Mile Marker PE8000... just different sitckers...

One of my buddies has the Champion from Costco and it worked great till the soliniod went tits up.

Friend of mine has the champion one from costco on his rig... working fine so far. My only beef is that the clutch lever seems kind of cheesy, but it works.

I had one for a while on a Scout II.

Worked fine for a few months and several pulls, even pulling a Bronco hooked to the back of the Scout while winching.

A bit slow, but so what?

If it hadn't exploded on me, I'd still have it. :D

I stripped the clutch, broke the housing, and the cable came unspooled (despite having a full layer of cable still on the drum) and broke the drum, too.

Hauled it all back into Costco, they gave me my $300 back, and I bought a T-Max 9k. Faster, and hasn't let me down yet.

I have the Costco/Champion 2,000lbs-er on my trailer, and it works pretty well.