• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

couple toyota questions

yep there are two wires on a plug and one post for the large + charge wire.

Run the large wire tot he battery and then one of the wires in the plug gets a ring terminal and just looped to the post on the back, that will excite it all the time.

read here for good break in info.

http://www.4x4now.com/gt0999.htm

Interesting read... what happens when you have a non-street truck and want to try to "break them in"?

Interesting read... what happens when you have a non-street truck and want to try to "break them in"?

Thats the gray area in a black and white world.

Of course you should get daily driver and put them in it for a week then swap them back to the wheeler after breakin. JK!

Thats the gray area in a black and white world.

Of course you should get daily driver and put them in it for a week then swap them back to the wheeler after breakin. JK!

That is kind of what I thought. Just try to take it easy the first trip or two.

I got the GM 1 wire off Mike today and didnt realize it when I was there but I grabbed the wrong alt. so it doesnt fit. Luckely I had one in the garage and after getting it all hooked up found out it isnt charging. I should have had it tested at napa but i didnt think about it. Now im off to pull it back out and see if my buddys worksand if not im off to oriellys since napa is closed:booo:

I got the GM 1 wire off Mike today and didnt realize it when I was there but I grabbed the wrong alt. so it doesnt fit. Luckely I had one in the garage and after getting it all hooked up found out it isnt charging. I should have had it tested at napa but i didnt think about it. Now im off to pull it back out and see if my buddys worksand if not im off to oriellys since napa is closed:booo:

Did ya loop one of the wires off the plug back to the charge terminal?

Look here and stop asking questions.:D

http://www.oldengine.org/unfaq/10si.htm

I actually just read that article right before posting to make sure I had it jumped right:corn: It is all hooked up right which makes me belive its the alt.

Yeah buddy im ready:cheer:I took it for a little spin around the block a little bit ago.

If its not one thing its another thou:mad:the tranny pops out of gear hard when in reverse but in all the forward gears its just fine:booo:

Yeah buddy im ready:cheer:I took it for a little spin around the block a little bit ago.

If its not one thing its another thou:mad:the tranny pops out of gear hard when in reverse but in all the forward gears its just fine:booo:

You only in revers for short periods of time anyways.

Just hold it in. Its cheap that way. Make sure the shifter is not touching the body sheetmetal.

The goal is to build heat at moderate loads and let it cool and do it again.

You read the guide, yous a smart feller. you get the idea.:awesomework:

I love the way you word the response to applaud and kick without any extra effort. Thanks! :awesomework:

I do understand the process. Just throwing it out there for others benefits more than anything.