• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Craigslist

jpcrawler80

I was wondering if anyone has purchased anything off of craigslist. My purchase that i am considering is from craigslist and is located in Gilbert Arizona and payment is required through moneygram I have never used either of them before JUST LOOKING FOR ADVICE

Bought one thing local. Not sure about buying something that is not local though. Seems to be a lot of scams on there.

jpcrawler80 said:
I was wondering if anyone has purchased anything off of craigslist. My purchase that i am considering is from craigslist and is located in Gilbert Arizona and payment is required through moneygram I have never used either of them before JUST LOOKING FOR ADVICE

Moneygram/western union generaly mean scams, esp a long distance buy. I've bought alot of stuff off craigslist, but it has all been local. PM me a link, or a copy of their email if yo want a closer look.

There are tons of scams on craigslist, it's a lot worse than ebay. Having said that, I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on it. Just buy local and use cash. If you do that it's pretty hard to get ripped off.

we are going through the ebay motors vehicle protection plan, ebay has assigned it a case ID# and everything looks to be in order. the payment by moneygram is to be sent to a Micheal Herbert in Vancouver BC, he is an ebay finance center agent once payment is made they say i will recieve my product in 3-5 days once i recieve this product and am not happy i hae 5 days to contact ebay and get my money back. :dunno: :dunno:

I never buy from CL if I can't go pick it up.

I have sold well over 25K in stuff and bought probably a few grand and never had any issues.

jpcrawler80 said:
we are going through the ebay motors vehicle protection plan, ebay has assigned it a case ID# and everything looks to be in order. the payment by moneygram is to be sent to a Micheal Herbert in Vancouver BC, he is an ebay finance center agent once payment is made they say i will recieve my product in 3-5 days once i recieve this product and am not happy i hae 5 days to contact ebay and get my money back. :dunno: :dunno:

you can't be serious

type that into a search and see all the scams - "ebay motors vehicle protection plan"

jpcrawler80 said:
That's textbook scamming. Run. It's not even a close call.

Edit: I've played around with these guys a few times. I look at trucks where they make these deals and ask for a test drive. They reply, "The truck is in Montana, I'm in England (or whatever) and it's too expensive to ship it here. That's why I'm selling it."

I say, "Montana, that's perfect. My uncle lives there. When can he check it out."

silence......

I sent the seller an email telling them if i could not fly to arizona give them cash money and drive the jeep home to go **** off.. I was thinking it was a scam but just wanted some backup it was a 2002 jeep wrangler sport 6cylinder 5 spd 3in teraflex lift 33 in goodyear mts and warn 9.5ti winch with warn front and rear bumpers with 4.55 gears and lockers f/r for a mere price of $4,999.00 does this sound like a scam to you? The price started at $5300.00 and came down to $4999.00 OHH... also only had 40,000 miles that is at least a 14,000 dollar jeep. what do yall think?

jpcrawler80 said:
I sent the seller an email telling them if i could not fly to arizona give them cash money and drive the jeep home to go **** off.. I was thinking it was a scam but just wanted some backup it was a 2002 jeep wrangler sport 6cylinder 5 spd 3in teraflex lift 33 in goodyear mts and warn 9.5ti winch with warn front and rear bumpers with 4.55 gears and lockers f/r for a mere price of $4,999.00 does this sound like a scam to you? The price started at $5300.00 and came down to $4999.00 OHH... also only had 40,000 miles that is at least a 14,000 dollar jeep. what do yall think?
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Ill be is AZ next week, send me the cash in cash (nothing bigger than a $20) and I'll get it for ya.

Ha lol scam

author=InDaShop link=topic=3167.msg52048#msg52048 date=1216228352]
Ill be is AZ next week, send me the cash in cash (nothing bigger than a $20) and I'll get it for ya.

Ha lol scam

I only deal in 100's and 50's sorry ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Nah just forward them to me and I will just fawk you, at least you would not get scammed by a total stranger :flipoff1:

Latest posts