• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crappy non-reinforced shackles...

JThompson

I have done a SAS on my '90 toy, using mostly All-Pro stuff (it was on sale for CHEAP) and I don't like the shackles they supplied at all. They are just the plates/bolts/spacers kinda shackle... I want to either buy new ones that are stronger/better built. Or just weld a chunk in between the plates.

The main problem is that they move a lot side-to-side whilst wheeling. Feels chincy. Also, with all the side movement and bending, they wear out the bushings and loosen up my bolts! I have to tighten them almost every week! They are greasable...

Suggestions...?

I have done a SAS on my '90 toy, using mostly All-Pro stuff (it was on sale for CHEAP) and I don't like the shackles they supplied at all. They are just the plates/bolts/spacers kinda shackle... I want to either buy new ones that are stronger/better built. Or just weld a chunk in between the plates.

The main problem is that they move a lot side-to-side whilst wheeling. Feels chincy. Also, with all the side movement and bending, they wear out the bushings and loosen up my bolts! I have to tighten them almost every week! They are greasable...

Suggestions...?

Just weld a plate in between them or do what confer does and use some "U" type of material--or get a set of confr shackles--ran them for many a years with no problems. But your not alone on that style of shackle

Use jam nuts or nylocks. They wil stay tight. I run the Sky boomarang style shackle. They are without the center piece welded in (seperate pieces). I have had no issues yet with that style of shackle.

Suggestions...?

does everything i say go in one ear and out the other josh???:eeek:

i have too many things going on....i'm begining to think of consolidation...:booo:

Only thing that sucks about that is the fact that you would have nothing to enjoy until you get the LUV fully built, right? Hmmm. You make a point, I just hate to face it.

Of course, you could get a rig/trailer with the $

Latest posts