• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crash...what slave cylinder are you using?

sucmah

Im swapping in a sm465 in the toy and i have figured out the fj40(70-74 i think) master cyl. but i am not sure what slave to use. I have a couple toy truck slaves but not sure they will work, the larger volume of the fj master might blow em out.. I was thinking wildwood but then i loose my stock part ability( i like to run parts i can buy at napa). Any info appreciated. i picked on you Crash cause i new you had a sm420 in your rig, at least i think you did when you welded up my ubolt at browns camp last labor day.

sucmah said:
Im swapping in a sm465 in the toy and i have figured out the fj40(70-74 i think) master cyl. but i am not sure what slave to use. I have a couple toy truck slaves but not sure they will work, the larger volume of the fj master might blow em out.. I was thinking wildwood but then i loose my stock part ability( i like to run parts i can buy at napa). Any info appreciated. i picked on you Crash cause i new you had a sm420 in your rig, at least i think you did when you welded up my ubolt at browns camp last labor day.

Actually I have an sm465 that was full manual. I built a bracket to hold an fj40 slave cylinder asd you have to run the cast steel clutch fork...

So the fj40 slave has enough throw for the chevy pressure plate...what is the cast steel clutch fork?? i guess what i need to know is what year rig i should be looking out for to find one of these.
Thanks

sucmah said:
So the fj40 slave has enough throw for the chevy pressure plate...what is the cast steel clutch fork?? i guess what i need to know is what year rig i should be looking out for to find one of these.
Thanks

I have the part # someplace for it or search Pirate for my 4.3 swap as I think I put the # in there

looked in the pirate and didnt see it, anyway, what is the need for that particular fork. Is it possible to use the stock 465 fork?

Thanks for putting up with my endless questions. and your avatar is making me crazy.