• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crrs course ??

eddieknight

who designs or works the courses....
am I the only one who was disappointed that they used the same course as last year.. ...

who designs or works the courses....
am I the only one who was disappointed that they used the same course as last year.. ...

For the Texas course, a couple of the local Ultra4 racers helped setup the course, dig the holes, build the jumps, etc. So it was slightly different but also very similar to the race from the prior year.

After listening to a few interviews/Podcasts with Joey from ProRock and Clyde with SRRS, when they pick a course they have to balance racer preferences/success rates, crowd visibility/access, and emergency services access. So they both mentioned that their hands are tied for some parks.

They don't really have a lot to choose from at that park, I like the big hills and the jump and wall at the bottom made it better than last year for sure.

They don't really have a lot to choose from at that park, I like the big hills and the jump and wall at the bottom made it better than last year for sure.

While I haven't been down to the Bridgeport park, I assumed the park selection for hills is what caused them to run the same/similiar course year-to-year.

as a local and regular to the park...it just seems like there are much better areas in the park that could be utilized.........maybe not as tall but definitely more challenging for the buggies and act8more spectator friendly............seemed to me that the left turn at the bottom was more of a challenge than the actual hills

as a local and regular to the park...it just seems like there are much better areas in the park that could be utilized.........maybe not as tall but definitely more challenging for the buggies and act8more spectator friendly............seemed to me that the left turn at the bottom was more of a challenge than the actual hills

After watching a few of the videos from the race, that turn at the bottom messed up several of the racers which surprised me.