• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

csi winches

CSI winches are china garbage, made by the same company that makes Harbor Freight winches, Get a Smittybilt which is made by T-Max.
I thought the HF winches were just Milemarkers. I know they're supposed to be painfully slow too.

Personally, I would look into buying a used winch, you can get a better winch for cheap than if you just buy a cheap new one. I got an 8274 for $300 that way.

ya ive made a decision to get the smittybult xrc8. but now i gotta get some money!!!!

There are alot of people that run these, and aside from a few small issues, they are very satisfied with 'em....I do agree that if you can find a used one you know to be in good condition---that's a good option too...

how much would it cost to rebuild a 8274? i really want one but i definatly dont have $1000 for a new one

T-Max winches are junk.
Are you talking from personal experience? Just curious as i know plenty of people running them with no probs. Of course I know plenty of people running Warns that **** out quick. There are alot of winches out there these days that flat out dont last(Warn included), but for the old schoolers the 8274 is the King.