• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Winches Bitches...

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
Ok...I hear good and bad about the Tabor line of winches...Anyone have 1st-hand experience with them? Looking at a 9500... :corn:

I ran a Tabor on the Isuzu with no issues. I was told that there are only a very few parts different between the Tabor and the corresponding Warn, but I didn't actually do the comparison myself.

The Tabor wasn't the fastest, but I wasn't running competition anyway.

Oh that's right, I forgot about that Jim...Yeah, if I remember it wasn't a real slouch either though---I'm not after super fast, but respectable. I really liked my Superwinch EP9, and it seemed plenty quick, and it's no load line speed was only 44fps...

Oh that's right, I forgot about that Jim...Yeah, if I remember it wasn't a real slouch either though---I'm not after super fast, but respectable. I really liked my Superwinch EP9, and it seemed plenty quick, and it's no load line speed was only 44fps...
Nice to have a line speed of 30 MPH. :D

Anyone know the differences between the tabor and the warn vr series? The tabor 9000 and the vr8000 have very similar specs.

I bought the tabor in question...:awesomework: hooked it up with a buddy's jumper cables that one neg clamp was hanging on by literally 3 strands (right boardbysled!!!!:fawkdancesmiley:!), worked just fine and line speed was respectable. I bet it'll work better with GOOD power! I must say that overall quality seems to be decent...proof will be in the puddin' when needed I guess. :redneck:

According to the research I did, the tabor line was still made in usa, just not at warn's main 'premium' plant....

When I replaced my motor I called warn about there replacement motors they told me the motors where made in China.
I ended up buying one from a company called db electrical.it too was made in China but cost less.