• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CTM 40 Spline or RCV's in a 14 Bolt Hybrid???

oldmanphillips said:
did anybody think maybe the stop s bottomed on the knuckle or ram overtraveled and broke that inner c just asking :dunno:
lsx power an a not give a f### right foot broke that c. jus like jorden an bryan and bobby breaks RCV's wit 7 inch ram. parts are jus weak for the straight get er done freestyle driver ! so im on to bigger axles an prolly be looking into a straight drive case when atlas exsplodes a few times. prolly give it 3 chances. holla molaugh

Tcameron said:
lsx power an a not give a f### right foot broke that c. jus like jorden an bryan and bobby breaks RCV's wit 7 inch ram. parts are jus weak for the straight get er done freestyle driver ! so im on to bigger axles an prolly be looking into a straight drive case when atlas exsplodes a few times. prolly give it 3 chances. holla molaugh

Agreed Tim! No doubt you have to disregard the fact that something might break. Ur being generous giving three chances on that atlas when you already know the outcome!!

I know I really wish the RCVs would hold up cause they a good company to deal with. They haven't mentioned not warrantying any of my axles yet :****: they even sending me some free shirts :dblthumb:

Blase said:
Too bad Sunray it's around anymore. Their 1610 axles are still pretty pimp IMO!!! They'ed need to be updated to newer materials and possibly bigger sizes but the streght would be out of this world with all the newer center sections that are out.

MX411.jpg

http://hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=14149.0

Anyone know if Oneal still has Jim's old sunray buggy??

Trying to remember who has it but I think it is down here in Texas now...seems like a black sheep member got it

Will rockwell shafts fit in a spidertrax knuckle? What size u-joint does a rockwell shaft use? 14 bolt with ouverson 16 spline chromoly shafts and spidertrax knuckles?

Blase said:
Well what have you decided to switch to?

I think for the money I'm going to stick with a 14 bolt Ouverson 40" spline inners and 2"outers with super 8 hubs.
Hopefully the guy building those knuckles I was talking about will get them out in the next couple months or I guess ill just go with stock rock knuckles for the time being.

YOUNG said:
C103's + 2" Ouversons + Wicked Six hubs = the lighest and stongest axle. OR the same set-up with 2" Ouverson inners and 40 spline outers with 14 bolt hubs is even lighter, just with a smaller outter shaft.

Just my 2 cents.

I still think that this is the best way to go. Really stout and light.

ryannuttz said:
I think for the money I'm going to stick with a 14 bolt Ouverson 40" spline inners and 2"outers with super 8 hubs.
Hopefully the guy building those knuckles I was talking about will get them out in the next couple months or I guess ill just go with stock rock knuckles for the time being.

jimmy at eorp is working on new knuckles and c's for that setup. we will have a booth at koh. he said he wanted to have a set done to take out there and display.