• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cutting brakes

reefermadnes

Found a set of cutting brakes in my garage that I forgot about, these were given to me years ago and really dont know how they work, this is something ive seen before in rigs,but never seen them used. If applied to the rear brakes and 1 lever is applied it locks one side and the rig will turn sharper-correct? or if both levers are applied you can use just the front end power--- any input would be appreciated.:awesomework: Thinking about installing in my rig, if not will be for sale

Last edited:
I guess you could still use them for locking up the rear axle independent from the front. But not side to side.

You will need the ability to shift your t-case in to "front dig" for this to work.

I don't know what you have to do on a Dana 300 but You can get front digs out of one. My friend pulled a pill out of my Dana 20 to give me digs. I am spooled in the rear. I ran my lines coming out of the cutting brakes to a t fitting and then one line back to the rear axle where it t'd again. You just have to pull both levers at the same time and it locks up the rear brakes. Like I say I'm spooled in the rear and it still works great. 95 percent of the time it has no problem dragging the outside tire around.

How that happen, to much throttle or using it to much,week front end? what front were you running?I Dont plan on using it much, just for some turning on some of the tight trails around here,especially rimrock.Im running a d44 w,chromo axles,fully trussed, and ox joints

Last edited:
How that happen, to much throttle or using it to much,week front end? what front were you running?I Dont plan on using it much, just for some turning on some of the tight trails around here,especially rimrock.Im running a d44 w,chromo axles,fully trussed, and ox joints

front digging on a tractive surface trying to dragg the rear end.
but do what you need to do, they are hand to have to hold while negotiating down hill with a clutch.

Im running a th400 :beer: My left ankle was crushed by a forklift a long time ago,so pushing in a clutch pedal all day tends to hurt.By the end of the day I can barely walk

Last edited: