• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D60 Gears

Bobbo3234

Looking for some Yukon or simialar gears. Where can i get the best deal?

I am currently running a <4.10 ratio detroit in the rear. Do have any options to run a higher gear ratio in this carrier?

You can get thick gears for the <4.10 carrier.

As for prices, pick up the phone and start calling.

FWIW, I used to have a piece of paper around here somewhere with the prices from a half-dozen different vendors back when I was regearing an axle. Prices on individual parts - install kits, yokes, lockers, gears, etc - varied *widely*. But when you tallied up the total cost to buy all the pieces from one shop, they were all within about $20 of one another.

Certainly not a rule or anything... but I just remembered that.

you can only go to 4.30 with a 4.10 carrier unless you are high pinion. Strange but true. Randys does well and their prices are negotiable, alot of times i will get a few prices and try and get randys to beat my best price by allitle and since they are local the parts get here quick. Ive even had randys guys ask me on the phone what price i have so far and then they beat it.

I have a nice set of 4:10s you can have for $20.00 (used) since the the project they were going in went away. or trade for a set for a 44

Trevor said:
You can also buy a ring gear spacer and run any ratio you want.

any input on doing it this way. I will more than likely upgrade the rear shafts in the future and would use a different carrier at that time.

Bobbo3234 said:
any input on doing it this way. I will more than likely upgrade the rear shafts in the future and would use a different carrier at that time.

pretty simple and randy's ring/pinion carries them. I foget the extact size but they are like an 1/8" spacer (or is it 1/4")