Dad's good ol sammi. Time for some upgrades Dad

P1010119.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010124.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010127.jpg

P1010126.jpg

Looks good! :awesomework:
One thing, in case you hadn't thought of it...Samurai housings are made of sheetmetal :redneck:, and one thing to help keep the housing from crumbling where the top perch is welded is to tie the top and original SUA perches together using 2" flat bar, essentially making the perch a full wrap...:awesomework:

Looks good! :awesomework:
One thing, in case you hadn't thought of it...Samurai housings are made of sheetmetal :redneck:, and one thing to help keep the housing from crumbling where the top perch is welded is to tie the top and original SUA perches together using 2" flat bar, essentially making the perch a full wrap...:awesomework:

Thank you. And yes that is sound advice. I was going to box those in I just wanted to get a test drive in to make sure everything was working right and then box it all up. I just ran out of time. I'll get er done tho. Thanks man.

No prob....:awesomework:also might not hurt to make some little mini trusses off the new perches out to the knuckle balls either...just to help reduce the possibility for bending the tube....:D

I found dad a good deal on some used Omf beadlocks the were taken off road. He also decided on some 35" km2's. Just finished mounting them. Have to have em balanced tomorrow. Then we can get them on the sammi. I can't wait!

8d1d64c2.jpg

9a649283.jpg

763e530a.jpg

DEFINITELY gonna want to truss the front axle more now!!! Good lookin' wheels tho!!!! What size was he runnin' before???

For New years I stole Dads rig to test it out....It did great but I found out quick the slip on the driveline is much too short for the shackle reversal. I only had to put it back together twice:shaking: Big hill climb as the suspension unloaded and trying to yank my buddys jeep out of the pow wow. Still and awsome day wheeln' tho! The Sammi performed really well.

20110131_untitled_27.jpg

20110131_untitled_26.jpg

20110131_untitled_25.jpg

20110131_untitled_09.jpg

20110131_untitled_04.jpg

I got back in the shop today and we decided for now to go mini toyota style and build a square front drive shaft.

4f8f77fc.jpg

P1010134.jpg

P1010133.jpg