• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

I also got the hurst reverse kit/switch.

dad466.jpg

By the instructions I thought it was going to be harder but it went very smooth and got it installed in no time.

dad467.jpg

dad468.jpg

I was just itching to see so it was time for a light test.. YES--we have reverse lights!!!!!

dad469.jpg

dad470.jpg

SO the list of electrical items I need to resolve. No brake lamps(I could have sworn I had brake lamp voltage before). The front park lamps work with the park switch on but go out when I turn the headlamps on. The horns don't work.

I also got the "missing" panel the car never had (well since my dad has owned it). So tonight I am going to pull the bumper and get the panel fitted, bumper brackets taken care of and get Don to get it to CT's so we can get it painted (along with the door plugs).

dad471.jpg

sixtys ford park lights

Nice car!
The park lights are working correctly for a sixtys ford. You will need to change the headlight switch or rewire to get them to work like a newer car.

Nice car!
The park lights are working correctly for a sixtys ford. You will need to change the headlight switch or rewire to get them to work like a newer car.

Thanks for the info. I replaced the headlamp switch and thought that maybe something was different from the old to the new..

Nice car!

Wow Mike, your getting compliments from my dad. You must be doing something right.:fawkdancesmiley:

So sunday was spent basically doing one thing and that was fitting the new panel, bumper mounts and bumper. It was very slow work between having to pull the bumper on/off dozens of times..

dad472.jpg

The inner brackets were ok but required a little notching. But it was the mid brackets (outer bracket goes from the bumper to the fender) that required the work. I made new plates where the mid bracket sits/shares the main bracket mounting bolts.

dad473.jpg

Lopped off the old plates and reworked the rest of the bracket and then welded them to the plates. I am not sure if its the new bumper or the fact the old one was bent that made the old ones not fit--but they do now.

dad474.jpg

So now its ready for paint.

dad475.jpg

Pulled it and Don came and grabbed it to take to CT's to get painted. I also painted the brackets and undercoated the area where the bracket sits on the framerail (had to go around it before).

So today was spent doing lots of little stuff.

Got the new edge seals mounted. I was impressed with the quality of them and they fit nice.

dad476.jpg

I also got the door bumpers all installed--tricky little guys...

dad477.jpg

Since the stock shifter boot would not work I took a chance and had him order a later model (70ish) for a hurst shifter. It was perfect.

dad478.jpg

Vacuumed the carpet and installed the floor mats my mom had gotten for the car.

dad479.jpg

I had a pile of handles to choose from. I went and polished them up and threw them on. The ones for the rear windows are in a little rough shape but not bad--front ones are in perfect shape.

dad480.jpg

So the only thing left do to on the interior is install the chome base cover for the shifter when we get it..

I had called my dad and asked how he wanted the park lamps to work--he wanted them on with the headlamps. That was a simple wire deal at trhe switch (tie black to the black/yellow). I also replaced the headlights (one was out) and got the headlight buckets all mounted correctly.

dad481.jpg

Also got the wiper arms polished and thrown on. One of them was bent up and luckily had a GOOD spare in the stash of parts.

dad482.jpg

I got the spray nozzles for the washers cleaned up and painted along with the air cleaner housing. I will grab some washer hose and get that done tommorow.

My list is shrinking...

Holly crap ots of little things that just eat up the day getting them all done. It is lookin good :awesomework:

Holly crap ots of little things that just eat up the day getting them all done. It is lookin good :awesomework:

Oh ya----lots of time. But its the little things that set something off between decent and wonderful. Something I practice on everything :awesomework:

Man this thing is coming along very nicely.

The attention to detail is phenomenal and it's almost a bummer that some areas you don't have time for.

I know you aren't going for a 100% restoration but you do have the skills for it. :awesomework:

Man this thing is coming along very nicely.

The attention to detail is phenomenal and it's almost a bummer that some areas you don't have time for.

I know you aren't going for a 100% restoration but you do have the skills for it. :awesomework:

I was just uner the car--laying there and looking and what you stated is the first thing that I thought of. "damn I wish I could rip the whole front susp apart and redo all of that"

"Damn that real axle looks awful--I wish I could redo that"

Believe me I wish I had more time--and later on down the road I just might tackle another portion of it--or a second build/major upgrades.

But for now its just get it done so my dad can enjoy it..