• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

I've had a horrible time with my cooling system. I've already put in one new radiator and water pump, added a second coolin fan and new thermostat. I still can't drive it more than 30 minutes. I had it flushed twice as well. There seems to be a never ending sludge that keeps plugging up the radiator. I haven't decided to find some one to clean it or replace the radiator

I've had a horrible time with my cooling system. I've already put in one new radiator and water pump, added a second coolin fan and new thermostat. I still can't drive it more than 30 minutes. I had it flushed twice as well. There seems to be a never ending sludge that keeps plugging up the radiator. I haven't decided to find some one to clean it or replace the radiator

What motor dale?

Here is what I would do...

Pull the motor. Knock out the freeze plugs and wash the block out. More than likely you have allot of buildup in the bottom of the coolant passages. Flushing the motor will not remove it because of the nooks and crevasses in the block and you cannot get to. You can also do it in the car but its going to be a tough time.

When I swapped the 5.0 in my Cougar, the aluminum 91 Thunderbird fit nicely with some homemade brackets. Running it with an electric fan. Always stays nice and cool!

Well the rear window trim came in. It was not too difficult to get it put on. It took a while to work it into place but having good quality clips made a big different from the windshield trim.

dad500.jpg

dad501.jpg

If you remember the replacement pony for the drivers fender didn't fit along with the holes being too large. My dad took both down to a local mustang place in bellevue. Come to find out the one that came off the car was for a 68.

So what I ended up doing was clipping the pin on the tail. I then had to remove the spash shield to access the back side of the fender. Since the holes were too big for the small pin retainers I ended up getting creative. I took some 1/16" thick alum and drilled 3/32 holes and cut them into small squares. Put the emblem on and slid the part I made over the pin and then the retainer. Since the retainer holds on the end(when installed properly) I had to put them on backwards and up against the part I made. The emblem now sits firmly and I then gobbed undercoating around the pins. Should hold up.

dad502.jpg

So now I am just down to bumpers...

Don came out and brought the splash shield so we threw it on. It looks MUCH better with the right color on it..

dad503.jpg

Then the rest of the goods to finish off the front of the car. The bumper has a funny twist to it so I used a bottle jack to get it close. I would say its not perfection but looks damn good. Me and Don sat there and commented how shocked my dad will be when he see's it on saturday.

dad504.jpg

Well its unsure if the rear bumper will show tommorow so we might have to do without it. But thats how it goes and I am sure my dad won't mind since I will have more to do to it this next week to wrap it up.

What a great build Mike, that car is beautiful. Kudo's to all who helped you. It makes me wish my ex never wrecked my 64.5 midnight blue with white interior 20 some years ago. One thing I never liked was the hose that hangs down under the front end. I can't remember but I think it is a power steering hose. Mine was a I6 with auto.

What a great build Mike, that car is beautiful. Kudo's to all who helped you. It makes me wish my ex never wrecked my 64.5 midnight blue with white interior 20 some years ago. One thing I never liked was the hose that hangs down under the front end. I can't remember but I think it is a power steering hose. Mine was a I6 with auto.

Probably a steering hose..

Thank you and I am glad how well it turned out..

Now---time for that day.....

Started by giving the car a GOOD wash/dry with a shammy.

dad507.jpg

Spent a good part of the morning getting the house ready. I finally came up with a plan to give the car to my dad. Sounded like there were going to be allot of folks here so I put the car under the carport and gave it a runway..

dad508.jpg

dad509.jpg

Had to show off some old parts. This was a last minute thing and wish I had thought of it a while ago and Don could have grabbed the old quarters before they went to scrap.

dad510.jpg

More to come once I grab the wifes SD card..