• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Damn it!!

mudslayer

Got a trip planned for evans in the near future and decided to go thru and change the fluids. Pulled rear diff cover and oh ****:mad: also while breaking it down i found a broken rear ff inner hub gear. 1 good thing about this is, I found out my nephew works for randys ring &pinion.

Last edited:
Ring gear is fine, think it started when I was over in tahuya and bashed into a big ass boulder. Looks like I pushed in on the ring gear which im thinking smashed the pinoin. If you look close there is a perfect square chunk missing. Hopefully can get it back together before the 23rd. Glad it was found before it really took a ****.

There is no way to "smash the ring gear into the pinion". If thats the case then the carrier would be broken along with ring gear teeth.

I have seen a number of pinions simply crack with no damage to the ring gear and properly setup.

There is no way to "smash the ring gear into the pinion". If thats the case then the carrier would be broken along with ring gear teeth.

I have seen a number of pinions simply crack with no damage to the ring gear and properly setup.

Thought the same, that its not really possible, was set up correctly,been running it for 5 yrs without a single issue.

Latest posts