• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Damnit

Nothing special.....check out Kula's rig on Pirate and take off all the Kula installed bling and add a big ass rock-bouncing motor :)

BamaTJ said:
He is tight lipped on this deal!
Seems to be the way of Twisted Customs, I saw a pic of a couple of pics of tube welded together way back. Unless Nolen is holding out on me I do not think he has anything either. :dunno:

I don't know how they get away with no updates or pics to the customer, I would be like a fat kid with cake if they were building one for me. What kills me is how they want people to provide ZERO input at all and just come pick up the rig that THEY built for you. Like Carl's rig, he is sent them the cash and they put it all together like they wanted it built. I mean it is badass, but damn it would suck to have no input in your own rig

I have pics, I am just not sharing. :drinkers:

It is rolling, full chassis, with the interior mostly welded in.

Like I said, looks the same as all the others.....

With a few twists :flipper:

They take input if you want to give it. Lots of things that I wanted to do I have changed my minf BACK to the way they want to do it after driving/riding with Carl. It's hard to argue with them when their product works so damn well.

They let me source all of my own parts. With my contacts I saved 15K over my turnkey quote. That is the best input they could have ever let me provide :)

wngrog said:
I have pics, I am just not sharing. :drinkers:

It is rolling, full chassis, with the interior mostly welded in.

Like I said, looks the same as all the others.....

With a few twists :flipper:

They take input if you want to give it. Lots of things that I wanted to do I have changed my minf BACK to the way they want to do it after driving/riding with Carl. It's hard to argue with them when their product works so damn well.

They let me source all of my own parts. With my contacts I saved 15K over my turnkey quote. That is the best input they could have ever let me provide :)
Ok, so tell me more about the motor. :popcorn:

BamaTJ said:
I don't know how they get away with no updates or pics to the customer, I would be like a fat kid with cake if they were building one for me. What kills me is how they want people to provide ZERO input at all and just come pick up the rig that THEY built for you.

My interior guy is the same way. You talk about it before hand, write a check, and leave the car. You get a call when its done. 1st time I saw anything on my Riviera interior was when we pulled in the parking lot of his shop in Austin after they picked me up from the airport. It was NOTHING like we had discussed. Thank god for that though, cause it is BADASS.

With TC, you have seen their work they do reputable work, they have a good reputation, so you hand over the reigns knowing you are in good hands.

IMO as long as they build it within GENERAL parameters/parts list that's kinda the point of a turn-key builder.. I'd be pissed if they said "ok you want a 2 or 4 seater" then they threw in a 4cyl instead of a V8 and 37's instead of 40's, etc...

Might as well build it yourself if you gotta babysit the builder or if you gotta approve everything(sound like building a house anyone?!). General appeal for me with a turn-key rig is you know it'll get done, done right, done nice and WAY less hassle then doing it yourself... I'd rather be wheelin' than wrenchin' for sure.

With all the upsides to a turnkey is there is the cost...Gotta comprimise to get out there wheelin tho if you don't have the bank to backup a blingN turnkey rig :eat:

MUCHADO said:
IMO as long as they build it within GENERAL parameters/parts list that's kinda the point of a turn-key builder.. I'd be pissed if they said "ok you want a 2 or 4 seater" then they threw in a 4cyl instead of a V8 and 37's instead of 40's, etc...

Might as well build it yourself if you gotta babysit the builder or if you gotta approve everything(sound like building a house anyone?!). General appeal for me with a turn-key rig is you know it'll get done, done right, done nice and WAY less hassle then doing it yourself...

Thats why you go to guys like TC. You know the rig will come out with a SBC probably an LS2, 60 front and 39" red labels. They are all unique but still very cookie cutter. I like the **** out of them, hell I run a knockoff........

The build or buy question is age old, and has its roots in time is money. Some have time and can build, some have money and can have it built, some have neither and watch, some have both and dont do anything (apathetic).

I need a friend to buy a Campbell car, so I can copy it!!! I'd love to comp in a single seat midengine.

InDaShop said:
I need a friend to buy a Campbell car, so I can copy it!!! I'd love to comp in a single seat midengine.

I thought about it and asked around, until I found out they wanted over 70k for 1 of the new pro mods they just built.

InDaShop said:
Thats why you go to guys like TC. You know the rig will come out with a SBC probably an LS2, 60 front and 39" red labels. They are all unique but still very cookie cutter. I like the **** out of them, hell I run a knockoff........

The build or buy question is age old, and has its roots in time is money. Some have time and can build, some have money and can have it built, some have neither and watch, some have both and dont do anything (apathetic).

I've been jones-in for a single seat but I am not gonna go without a rig and be "building" for 2 years... I always have the wheels in my head spinnin since I have the tools and am working on the skills factor... but unfortunatly this white bro doesnt have a place to work except an HOA regulated driveway :eek: laughing1...

If you want a high quality mid engine single get Adam Carter and Pops to build you one....did you see the quality there? I bet they could get you in one for 1/2 what Campbell would charge.

wngrog said:
If you want a high quality mid engine single get Adam Carter and Pops to build you one....did you see the quality there? I bet they could get you in one for 1/2 what Campbell would charge.

probably less than half... campbell is proud of his **** that's for sure. I've heard $90k-120k on some of his used stuff. laughing1 not worth it IMHO Nice guy, great buggys but not worth the cheddar..