• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 44 shafts??

JPTHING

I am tired of breaking D44 shafts. I know, I know, I need to upgrade to a D60. What are the absolute best shafts made for a D44.

ran warn shafts with ctm's and 38's 5.13 gears and a detroit locker... was the frekin biggest money hole and broke them(who knows what kept breaking first the shaft or joint,but they would sometimes take out the ball joints from the Knuckle and screw the end forging C to the point of replacement)consistently.
that said if you have a LIGHT foot or little power you can make it live tillyou realize that by the time and money you spend on the 44 that you would have been better saving the cash towards a 60 and problems go BYE BYE

I am tired of breaking D44 shafts. I know, I know, I need to upgrade to a D60. What are the absolute best shafts made for a D44.

I ran yukons in my 44 and they lasted for some time--but I got to the point to where they started breaking too easily. But for the price they did a pretty good job...

You have Warn, Superior & Ally USA. I am not sure what Warns warrenty is but Alloy has a 10yr and I think Superior is the same. Not that I have run mine long enough or hard enough to say but so far no issues & I am running Alloy USA shafts.

I run Yukon shafts and joints with a 350 V-8 36 Iroks. They've been in for 2 years now I have beat them a lot and only broke two stubs doing full turn front wheel burns.

It does suck when they break as the stubs take out the spindle when they let loose.

Not sure here but I think longfield makes a set of birfs or is in the process of making them for the 44.

Like I said, Not Sure. :cool: