• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 front,What axles?

CTM
072309_23111.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

Thanks Guys. I have been reading on Pirate 4x4.(9 pages and the Battle Gos on,on and on) About the test at Yukon, Randy's ring and pinion. I bought Strange Pro Gears and I will be running a 35 spline spool. I just don't want my front to be weak.

I don't think RCVs are warrantied if you have a spool. So if your thinking about them you might better check in to it.

I would also get the machining done, so you have increased turning angle. Most importantly it reduces ujoint bind.

Cole said:
I don't think RCVs are warrantied if you have a spool. So if your thinking about them you might better check in to it.

This, you do not want RCV's if you are running a spool in the front. Without a spool I would give them a look though. My new buggy has them, several of the KOH rigs have been running them with success. I know TC has beat the **** out of them too and some of the other TN rock bouncers.

if you are going to use horsepower you better use rcv/s i had no luck with ctm joint holding up broke the cross mutiple times. before going to rcv they been in highlighter for 2yrs no failure w/ bb 502 !!!!!

Cole said:
No warranty with spool?

Travis said:
No warranty with spool?

Travis there was a thread on pbb about that. Some guy kept breaking them and RCV determined it was due to the spool and they wound up giving him his money back, if I remember correctly. If you have a spool they highly discourage running them.

No clue on the warranty, but I would go rcv's I have seen them take serious punishment in friends rig and they are the tuffest I've seen.

How many people are actually running pro gears and how do they hold up? They are soft and designed to take an initial load without popping teeth I don't see how they could take the constant loading and unloading. We ran them in drag cars alot but i've always put regular gears in for buggies.Just curious to how long they last?

You'll are RIGHT. NO SPOOL. I Chatted with RCV and if I run a spool, I have no WARRANTY. So SPOOL=NO WARRANTY! CAN"T believe they will warranty with a ARB. I have saw what FULL THROTTLE and flipping the switch on a ARB can do!!

Well I talk with a vendor that I have bought a few 60 parts from. He is wanting me to try the 40 splines. Who is running them, are they are alot stronger that the RCVs? I have ran 30 spline Longfields in my Toyota and I know how strong they are!! loller.gif So, is the 60 stuff the ****,like their little brother?? Is there a vendor on here that carries stuff like I need?? Thanks.

RCV are very strong.. What about Ten Factory or Superior shafts is anyone running these? If so how are they holding up. Chase at East Coast Gear said he likes the Ten Factory and will replace them if I break them? What are your thoughts. :dunno:

i run alloy usa, which is ten factory now... excellent customer service and only on occasion do i break a stub... if you go ten factory, which i would, just buy 3 stubs so you always have a spare... scott at sunfire offroad has the best pricing, his screen name is machinewave on pBB... his number is 812-623-3473... tell him jimmy in columbus told you to call, i like him to know when im throwing him business...

I have a 4 wheel steer buggy and run the RCV's in the rear. I never worry about them breaking, even at full lock on a steep hill. I've had some issues with customer service (SEAN CARLINI) when ordering directly thru them. Use a good vender to order your axles, dont call them directly.

draggbody said:
i run alloy usa, which is ten factory now... excellent customer service and only on occasion do i break a stub... if you go ten factory, which i would, just buy 3 stubs so you always have a spare... scott at sunfire offroad has the best pricing, his screen name is machinewave on pBB... his number is 812-623-3473... tell him jimmy in columbus told you to call, i like him to know when im throwing him business...

X2 Im running Ten Factory in mine as well. I also ordered mine from Scott, hands down some of the best prices out there.