• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 60 lockers?

CHOP SHOP

I am wanting to get an ARB or Elocker for my 60 but cant swing it lootwise unless a super deal on a used or broken one comes along.

So next is a used detroit or a quicklock type locker.

300 bucks gets me into a quicklock type locker, done.
I hate quick locks in toyotas and have killed several. I have heard they are fine in a 60 tho? Any truth to that?

My other question is can I use a 30 spline rear open diff carrier with a 35 spline lockrite in a HP ford front?

I have a rear with 4.10s and an open diff for a donor.

???????????

I am wanting to get an ARB or Elocker for my 60 but cant swing it lootwise unless a super deal on a used or broken one comes along.

I hate quick locks in toyotas and have killed several. I have heard they are fine in a 60 tho? Any truth to that?

My other question is can I use a 30 spline rear open diff carrier with a 35 spline lockrite in a HP ford front?

???????????

I have two low ratio 35 spline dana 60 carriers and a set or two of 410. ratio gears. standard rotation

???????????

I'd go with a detroit. I was in the same boat when I built my 44 a few years ago. I'm happy with a detroit. It doesn't turn worth a **** but its not that bad now with hydro.

Now your other question. You want to use the lockrite out of a 35 spline in a 30 spline?? No.... How hard is that to understand? 35 spline vs. 30 spline. The Lockright replaces the spider gears with are splined to match the axle shaft. So no it wont work. Unless I misunderstood you question. :eeek:

Now your other question. You want to use the lockrite out of a 35 spline in a 30 spline?? No.... How hard is that to understand? 35 spline vs. 30 spline. The Lockright replaces the spider gears with are splined to match the axle shaft. So no it wont work. Unless I misunderstood you question. :eeek:

I have a 30 spline rear carrier.

I have a 35 spline front axle with no carrier (I need one for a locrite).

If I take the 30 spline guts out of the carrier and replace them with the 35 spline locrites guts I should be able to use it my 60 front with 35 spline axles.

Cmon Joop, did ya think I was gonna try to stuff a 30 spline shaft into a 35 spline hole and hope it hooks up?:haha:

I have 35 spline ARBs in both ends and had arbs in the 44s I had before and in my toyota and wouldn't have it any other way, but you cant go wrong with a detroit. I definetly wouldn't throw in a lunchbox locker though. I have never had good luck with them. Just my .02:awesomework:

Thats EXACTLY why I ponied up and built mine to exactly what I wanted. Zero regrets and zero upgrades needed along the way :cool:

I learned long ago to do it right the first time aswell.:awesomework: 35 spline chromos, ARBs and good u-joints. Its worth the money for the peace of mind:awesomework:

I have a 30 spline rear carrier.

I have a 35 spline front axle with no carrier (I need one for a locrite).

If I take the 30 spline guts out of the carrier and replace them with the 35 spline locrites guts I should be able to use it my 60 front with 35 spline axles.

Cmon Joop, did ya think I was gonna try to stuff a 30 spline shaft into a 35 spline hole and hope it hooks up?:haha:

I'm sorry man. Maybe you shouldn't of worded your question like a retard. :flipoff:

:rolleyes: dude maybe you should stick with yota ****:awesomework:

X2 with what everyone else is sayin.. say a buck here and there tryin to build it half assed and you will be spending much more down the road when yer ****'s broke on the trail or worse

A lunch box type locker is a cheap alternative to a full case locker without getting a spool. I have one in the rear of my rig for some product testing and it hasnt let me down yet. I have many trips through the outlet mall on it and it also got beat on in moab for a week. LincolnLock had one in the front of his CJ which he wasnt kind to and it held up fine. They will not last forever but the initial investment isnt much. I would not suggest an e locker.

:rolleyes: dude maybe you should stick with yota ****:awesomework:

X2 with what everyone else is sayin.. say a buck here and there tryin to build it half assed and you will be spending much more down the road when yer ****'s broke on the trail or worse

I aint puttin toy **** my buggy, dillhole.:kissmyass::haha:

I have damn near as much in my toy axles in the wheeler anyways

front elocker HiPinion
rear detroit V6
rock assualt housing
longs
hubs
hysteer
5th stud
spacers
vented brakes.
It dont matter it all costs too much.

I should have stuck with fishin.:redneck:

Internet dream build much??? Get an ARB, can't get one? Get a Detroit, can't get one of those either? Get a spool.... Don't overthink it Brad:flipoff: