• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DD clutch issues

crawler 129

Roll Tide
I have a 2010 dodge cab chassis 6.7 with efi live full delete . Done 5000 miles ago also installed Valair dd clutch with upgraded hydrolics. Truck hops taking off unloaded. My buddy has the same setup and it does just fine . This is a farm truck not a race truck .

Any thoughts? I am thinking about ordering a southbend clutch or trading it off but it only has 70000 miles .

Might be ur suspension being so stiff, I'm sure that stock clutch was a little soft and gave a little, that new one prob grabbing like a bitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What model valair? Have a southbend street 3250 in mine that's held 470ish horsepower for almost 4 years now with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Valair dual disk towing clutch. It shuttered some before I got it broken in. I figured it was grease from the throwout bearing after the install. It has had most of the miles put on it towing heavy.

Clutch faces may be glazed over if the trucks never driven hard. Mine will get grabby especially if it's just day to day traffic to and from work. Little boosted launch/burnout usually takes care of that though.

Slip it a little bit. My DD south bend was awful about doing that. Mainly in reverse until it got good and broke in. I hated my clutch for a long time. I've got about 15k miles on it now and it does a whole lot better. Still kinda jumpy but not bad.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

very common with valair have taken several out and replace with southbend,we only use southbend in shop have worked with Peter at southbend for years great guy to work with if I can help let me know

Thanks for the replies . I have called Valair twice and they tell me the tech is out and will call me back but I am still waiting . My brother has the same setup with south bend and it does great . I guess I will turn up the efi and see what happens.

redline diesel said:
very common with valair have taken several out and replace with southbend,we only use southbend in shop have worked with Peter at southbend for years great guy to work with if I can help let me know

Where's your shop located?

By dd, do you mean dual disc?

I've had a couple of cummins trucks with Valair dual disc clutches and never had a problem empty or loaded heavy.