• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

De Hammered

Caddishack18

Almost done de-hammering the buggy. Took top lights off, gps out, took off the winch and Powertank mount, and took the radio out. No real damage to anything. The only thing I found was the bolt tha is on the base of the steering cylinder was 2 turns from being free, it still woulda had to come out the top mount. I broke a limit strap due to wear and had another one close so I orderd 2 from poly perfomance. I did send my struts in to Racerunner to let them go through them again. All and all the buggy came through unscathed. Moab is in 4 weeks! Git-er-done!!!!!

Speeking of Rausch Creek, Who all is going? I'm thinking about it, ever since the new buggy was completed I'm getting more and more into trail running at high speeds. Mays going to be a tough month for alot of racers. Grey rock then Rausch Creek then Uhwharrie. Looks like April is prep month.

Did them yesterday! That right rear may have been my fault, I had it off the week before and may have not gotten it tight.

kid rok said:
Speeking of Rausch Creek, Who all is going? I'm thinking about it, ever since the new buggy was completed I'm getting more and more into trail running at high speeds. Mays going to be a tough month for alot of racers. Grey rock then Rausch Creek then Uhwharrie. Looks like April is prep month.
I will be going. Hell yeah it is going to be tough, 2 weeks after Grayrock and 3 weeks before Jellico.

I am keeping mine as is, except the nets. GPS will be cool for trail rides and it has a speedo. Trying to put my light bar on but it is missing a piece.

kid rok said:
Even the spare tar? I remember when I used to roll with my spare on the back.

Hell no, I will keep the mount on but the tire is a big heavy bitch that makes getting into the rear cargo area very hard

We dehammered today as well.Only damage was the sheered bolts in the rear brake bracket.I'll be sending the parts back to Spidertrax for replacement.AC has to fix the leak in the rear ARB and she's ready to go.

I was surprised mine didn't have any more damage. Everything seems ok for the most part. Found a few loose bolts, but the links are all tight and the damage seems minimal. Steering pump was just low on fluid, filled it up and it was quiet again. I put in a new temp gauge, and hopefully I find out what is really up with the cooling system

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Pops. Don't forget to recheck that pinion nut! ;)

Ac has a small leak in the rear ARB so he's going to pull it anyway.Thanks for reminding me you know I'm old don'tchu boy! molaugh

Looking forward to the XRRA action this year, should be a good year for more than a few of the forum members here ! :****: :driving: