• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DEADMANS HILL (railbuggy days)

onealdodge

I remember riding at late 80's early 90's braswell mountain/copper hill/lucas rd/beasleys knob/blairsville/three forks. I remember when you had dual carbs and popping wheelies with front spindle wheels you were a basass. Then it got more into hill climbing. Long straight ass up stuff. It got to where ass puckering was a norm. Peoples rail buggies were no longer vw engines,type 3 axles were weak and if you had anything less than cut Q buckshots you were a puss. All balls out straight up assault hill climbing it was fun. Then all the places to ride got shut down and everybody sold there buggies. It seems rockclimbing has transitioned into a similar style. Rockbouncing!!!!! It's fun to watch no doubt...Does anyone remember a hill at three forks called DEADMANS? I only seen 1 buggy climb out the top. Terry Priest was the only one I know of. I seen a ton of buggies hit it and plumber drug his buggy out in pieces one afternoon. It was a nasty sob for sure!!!!!!!!!
I have some old ass videos on a cassette style tape somewhere gonna break it out and transfer it and post it up......

AW HELL this thread BRANGS IT BACK man :dblthumb:

I don,t know three forks , or bout DEAD MANS :dunno:

But I remember Lucas Rd.....BUDDYS HILL , ROCK HILL.

BRASWELL MTN., cherry hill, wildcat mountain, three way tunnell etc.

and what about ole BIG BERTHA on the powerlines down at WHITESBURG :woot:

yes it was a HUGE DEAL to all of us when Terry and them started showin up with them damn BADDASS chaindrive sumbitches :****:

;D

We rode Turkey Bay at LBL back in the day. Then rode at WITC towards the end of my rail buggy days. We made many of the hills at WITC with rail buggies. Kinda makes me want to build another rail. If only I had more hours in a day. booyang

Yeah them were some fun days. I remember many late night runs with Donny, Huey, Barry, Bird and many more that thought me how to have a blast thrashing on some buggies. Craziest thing I remember was Jason Baley flipping multiple times off the Wall and hitting a tree about 10' up so hard he folded the steering wheel back around to the column.

i like hearing talk about old vids i dont know where most yall live but if any of you are around fultondale or wanna make a trip to it its like our main free to ride buggy spot also if anyone remember jemison we riding it again but if anyone would like to make a ride at either let me know we will set it up great hills at both

I'm with Scott that takes me back. I still have a Lithia Automotive T shirt from the old rail days. I can remember being at the tunnel and 3 guys getting bad stuck trying to make it. Some rails showed up 1 with Q's the other with 38's and just going right through it.

gumption37 said:
i like hearing talk about old vids i dont know where most yall live but if any of you are around fultondale or wanna make a trip to it its like our main free to ride buggy spot also if anyone remember jemison we riding it again but if anyone would like to make a ride at either let me know we will set it up great hills at both

Them was some good places to ride, we would unload at the motel rite off I-65 and go under the overpass, broke a scat crankshaft trying to climb that hill one day during a down pour, and at Jemison we all stayed at the KOA camp ground drove to the pipe line, had a lot of fun at party hill, been off the bluff a few time and climb slat hill one time. back then if you had a 2275 that was about as big as you could build, now I'm not sure what the limit is, I know you can build a 2632. spent alot of money at S&S Buggy's with old Robert. he's the man that bought me out of everything I had.

Bronco Buster said:
I'm with Scott that takes me back. I still have a Lithia Automotive T shirt from the old rail days. I can remember being at the tunnel and 3 guys getting bad stuck trying to make it. Some rails showed up 1 with Q's the other with 38's and just going right through it.

AW HELL yea we spent a lot of time back in the day hangin out in and around that old tunnell at the CUTS :drinkers:

Was you ever there when the rails would climb them hills on the east end of the tunnell, fly up them ,and JUMP over Brushy Mtn. Rd. at the top and land up there

at our old bonfire spot :eek: :eek: :eek:

I seen folks sit on 4 wheelers and let the rails jump over em :woot: :woot: :woot:

;D

Any yall recognize this here feller from back in the rail buggy days :dunno:

PerryTGW601-1.jpg

I snapped this pick of him in his razor at the Perry Fla. mudd bogg last week.

:dunno: ;D

I was at Three Forks when Terry Priest and about 5 other rails came through. He shot up deadmans hill like it was nothing. That hill was so steep that we tried standing on the front of our buddy's four wheeler to hold it down, but it would still flip backwards. I could not even tell you how we got to that place now because we only went once, but it stuck in my memory as one crazy ride.

ol Jemison Al. was the place to be back in the day,if that place was still open i would be rail shopping tomorrow and probably never own another 4x4,if you had a buggy or the balls to climb the right side of the hell hole,the bluff,the left side of slat,and the right side of pride rock all i can say is that you were the ****!! man you could ride them power lines starting in Clanton at Lay Lake and go clean thru the county and end at the edge of the golf course and I-65 in Calera,those were the good ol days but i also remember you could pull a buggy on a t-trailer with a 4cly toyota pickup across the state,now ya got to have a diesel or big block gas burner and several hundreds of dollars in fuel just to drag a crawler across the state to go riding

gumption37 said:

They are riding it again :****: Chad :dblthumb:
alrider said:
ol Jemison Al. was the place to be back in the day,if that place was still open i would be rail shopping tomorrow and probably never own another 4x4,if you had a buggy or the balls to climb the right side of the hell hole,the bluff,the left side of slat,and the right side of pride rock all i can say is that you were the ****!! man you could ride them power lines starting in Clanton at Lay Lake and go clean thru the county and end at the edge of the golf course and I-65 in Calera,those were the good ol days but i also remember you could pull a buggy on a t-trailer with a 4cly toyota pickup across the state,now ya got to have a diesel or big block gas burner and several hundreds of dollars in fuel just to drag a crawler across the state to go riding

gasman said:
They are riding it again :****: Chad :dblthumb:
riding where? I live bout 5 miles from Jemison. ( the fire lanes) that's where a couple of us got our addiction to hill shooten . We rode there every weekend my whole life growing up. I miss it so bad! Hills where sho nuff aetna style. I have talked to several land owners and the power Company and they say no way we will ever get to go back. Idiots throwing out garbage and crack ruined it for us. There is a 100 acre track for sale there. Make a killer park. I wish there was a way a group of us could do something to open up the power lines again. But big money owns property to get in. If we had it open. Id never go any further to climb.

There are a few guys that ride buggys that own land there. They have been riding it for several months now. I know they went to pride rock and slate a few weeks ago. I havent had a chance to get back out there with them. Boy would it be nice for that to open back up. They said that they have permission to ride it as long as people help keep it clean of trash.

kevin f said:
There are a few guys that ride buggys that own land there. They have been riding it for several months now. I know they went to pride rock and slate a few weeks ago. I havent had a chance to get back out there with them. Boy would it be nice for that to open back up. They said that they have permission to ride it as long as people help keep it clean of trash.
Pm'd you. Please give me call. That is awesome!!!!

yes we ride it again we go in on the calera side our buddy owns one of the hunting clubs and is friends with the other clubs we can ride any weekend thats not deer season as long as we go out with him hes got a rail buggy but we can only go as far as hellhole for now they are working on talking with people to get to the rest man slate looks nasty for us rail buggy guys at least but if your wanting to ride it you can give me a call name is JESSE cell number is 205-332-5665 probably will be next month before i go back out but i will contact anyone wanting to go a week before so you have the heads up

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p-pu5t10wyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eE_NrMdB4NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3KGyaochUA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MGBX7Groz4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>