• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DEADMANS HILL (railbuggy days)

Spent a lot of weekends there back in the day. Would rather ride there than anywhere else. Wish I could get this rig finished, be awesome to give it a shakedown run in some of my favorite ol stomping grounds. Stored your number Jesse, will be calling thumb.gif

if your ride aint rdy in time i always have a open seat and im sure others will too your welcome to come check it out and ride with me or someone

alrider said:
ol Jemison Al. was the place to be back in the day,if that place was still open i would be rail shopping tomorrow and probably never own another 4x4,if you had a buggy or the balls to climb the right side of the hell hole,the bluff,the left side of slat,and the right side of pride rock all i can say is that you were the ****!! man you could ride them power lines starting in Clanton at Lay Lake and go clean thru the county and end at the edge of the golf course and I-65 in Calera,those were the good ol days but i also remember you could pull a buggy on a t-trailer with a 4cly toyota pickup across the state,now ya got to have a diesel or big block gas burner and several hundreds of dollars in fuel just to drag a crawler across the state to go riding
Some real good memories!!!!

gumption37 said:
if your ride aint rdy in time i always have a open seat and im sure others will too your welcome to come check it out and ride with me or someone
Thanks, may take you up on that. My wife ain't to happy bout this Crawler I'm building, I can just see her face when I mention a railjob. She seen a good many of them through the years. She sees $$$, I see :driving: hitit Good times molaugh

haha yea they will drain your wallet but im sure them rock crawlers will too rail buggies theirs just no climbing like it

gumption37 said:
haha yea they will drain your wallet but im sure them rock crawlers will too rail buggies theirs just no climbing like it
You right, believe it gets in ya blood. Some people that's got crawlers but never owned a rail don't know what there missing. Its pure adrenaline when they start toting the front end and you have to steer with the cutting brakes. I've had crawlers and buggies, they both have different advantages in different situations but I enjoy em both. Only reason I went to a Crawler is because they shut that place down and most ORV Parks wouldn't let rails in. Glad to see they letting em in now. Still love hearing one of them ol strokers turn up!!

well we ride 3 free places jemision fultondale and leeds and yea its good to see all the parks letting us in now and i never owned a crawler but i enjoy watching them guys like Tim Cameron and all those things are bad but i love my vw lol and the way a rail buggie climbs once you get the experience its hard to drive anything else

oh and if anyone remember riding out in odenville at the tunnel and flat rock here is a pic and video i got of flat rock but you can ride here again when its not hunting season

odenvill-1.jpg

Aw man! You have just made my DAY! I called you, but no answer Jesse. Give me a call back at 205-288-6983. I would LOVE to bring a couple sure nuff bad rigs over and try some stuff. Be glad to help with whatever to get to ride with ya'll. Slate looks untouched! Bet we can change that! LOL , or is it untouched because of having to keep the grass on it. We wouldn't want to do anything to mess up a good thing. I promise we'll play by the rules. Folks coming with me would be very respectful of the owners wishes. BTW that one pic of the buggy standing up by the woods, is that LYNN Hill? Looks just like it.

cool photos,wish i could figure out how to transfer pics onto computer i got piles of pics i took with a ol 35mm back in the day,seeing them pics and videos just made my morning,i love them ol vws never figured i would get out of them,im kind of glad kieth mitchells shop aint on my way to work,yeah i got invited out to the calera side of them firelanes a couple months ago but it was one of those thru a friend knows somebody yeah they got a key i thought it was to good to be true i quess i should have went,ol fultondale was a good ride also,i went out to the bowl that used to be a ol buggy spot about a month ago seen people riding it again that was a shock to see it open,what about a place called brookwood it was over in tuscaloosa does anybody ride it anymore that was a good spot also

Hotrod said:
Aw man! You have just made my DAY! I called you, but no answer Jesse. Give me a call back at 205-288-6983. I would LOVE to bring a couple sure nuff bad rigs over and try some stuff. Be glad to help with whatever to get to ride with ya'll. Slate looks untouched! Bet we can change that! LOL , or is it untouched because of having to keep the grass on it. We wouldn't want to do anything to mess up a good thing. I promise we'll play by the rules. Folks coming with me would be very respectful of the owners wishes. BTW that one pic of the buggy standing up by the woods, is that LYNN Hill? Looks just like it.

oh no its got grass on it cause no one has been on it in years lol yall can go at it all you like its tough out their with the gearing most of us are running now you know everyone use to run the 538 gears or 542 now we all running 6 ribs and they are 456 ima change mine to a lower gear soon i hope go 483

alrider said:
cool photos,wish i could figure out how to transfer pics onto computer i got piles of pics i took with a ol 35mm back in the day,seeing them pics and videos just made my morning,i love them ol vws never figured i would get out of them,im kind of glad kieth mitchells shop aint on my way to work,yeah i got invited out to the calera side of them firelanes a couple months ago but it was one of those thru a friend knows somebody yeah they got a key i thought it was to good to be true i quess i should have went,ol fultondale was a good ride also,i went out to the bowl that used to be a ol buggy spot about a month ago seen people riding it again that was a shock to see it open,what about a place called brookwood it was over in tuscaloosa does anybody ride it anymore that was a good spot also

yea we been riding fultondale for years it never got shut down some of it got cut off or messed up by that interstate they put their but alot is still their and we working to get more back its still a great ride with the nothing but big hills

and most the picks on the second page are fultondale and the last 3 are hanceville and a few are brookwood i was told and the first pick and 2 vids on the second page are odenville

booyang I GREW UP RIDING DIRT BIKES AND RAILS IN BROOKWOOD AL, THERES STILL PLENTY OF HILLS LEFT OUT THERE. SOME OF MY BUDDIES RIDE THERE EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OR SO STILL. WEVE ALL GOT JEEPS AND BUGGIES NOW BUT RAILS COULD STILL RIDE THERE AND MAKE A DAY OF IT.

TRIPPER said:
booyang I GREW UP RIDING DIRT BIKES AND RAILS IN BROOKWOOD AL, THERES STILL PLENTY OF HILLS LEFT OUT THERE. SOME OF MY BUDDIES RIDE THERE EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OR SO STILL. WEVE ALL GOT JEEPS AND BUGGIES NOW BUT RAILS COULD STILL RIDE THERE AND MAKE A DAY OF IT.

then we need to get a group and come check it out

gumption37 said:
yes we ride it again we go in on the calera side our buddy owns one of the hunting clubs and is friends with the other clubs we can ride any weekend thats not deer season as long as we go out with him hes got a rail buggy but we can only go as far as hellhole for now they are working on talking with people to get to the rest man slate looks nasty for us rail buggy guys at least but if your wanting to ride it you can give me a call name is JESSE cell number is 205-332-5665 probably will be next month before i go back out but i will contact anyone wanting to go a week before so you have the heads up

Man thats cool as hell. I used to go out there and ride my dirt bike almost every day about 4 years ago, I live on property off Hwy and have access to the powerlines. All our roads run together. Ive been wanting to ask my neighbor if I can put a new lock on the gate and have a key so I can take my rig out there but wasn't sure who owns the land and all that.
I actually rode out there last night for the first time in a while, there was a lot of trash and I'd be willing to keep that place clean if I could ride it cause I'd never have to touch pavement to go ride.
We didn't go any further then the creek cause we didn't wont to float away on our 200cc diggers.