• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Deathwobble - 08 Cummins

97' Dodge 3500

I can't believe Dodge has such terrible front ends, when I got mine I put the pan hard bar from Randy's in and also installed the intercostal with the bearing that attaches to the sector shaft of the steering box. Those two things seriously improved the steering, next is the "t" style tie rod and drag link so it doesn't flex and a redhead steering box. A guy I work with has an 06' and he says he even has steering issues, good lord you would think Dodge would get it right after all the issues and complaints! also their crappy auto trannies leave little to be desired unless you drop $4,500 into them so they don't explode! the only good part in them is the Cummins and I heard that Ford now owns Cummins, or at least they have the contract. Is that true?

Ford owning cummins... of course. The rest is just all old news :redneck:.

But I do have a question.. what the hell is a redhead steering box? :eeek: My stocker is toast

Redhead

There is a guy at work who is always talking the Ford smokes Dodge tug of war. He is the one who made a comment about Ford owning Cummins now. As far as Redhead steering, they are in Seattle and they rebuild the stock box to better standards. I have read many blogs about the Dodge ram box having issues being grainy or not so smooth, so i was going have Redhead do their thing on my steering box. Here is the link;
http://www.redheadsteeringgears.com/

...But I do have a question.. what the hell is a redhead steering box? :eeek: My stocker is toast

Redhead Does nice work:awesomework:---we use them for rebuilts at work when one is needed....usually have it the next day, unless it's an oddball one where they need the original to overhaul, then it takes 2-3 days...only ever had one issue with one where the sector was adjusted too tight, we called 'em, they sent out another box (they wanted to see what happened for sure rather than have us adjust it)--had it the next day!!! Oh, and it was on a Dodge...:redneck:

The guys a retard :redneck:. And also wrong.

I just saw the guy who was talking about Ford owning Cummins, he said he was not sure,he had heard rumors, your right, all here say! and I don't know pricing for the box. When I got my chevy box it was 1996.

They owned a small amount of shares in the company years ago. Somewhere along the lines someone said "Ford owns cummins stock" Which turned into "Ford owns cummins."

Update:

Had schwab do an alignment and none of the parameters where very far out of spec. Dropped it off at the dealer and they said the steering box, tie rod, and drag link were all worn and replaced them under warranty. Truck drives much smoother now.

I'm planning on putting a 6" lift on it at some point, so I'll upgrade the trackbar then.

I just saw something on this problem this weekend on TV. There is a frame connector brace available that ties the frame together somewhere up by the steering box. I guess when a new Dodge is lifted and running bigger than stock tires, there can be deflection of the steering box on the frame.

I just saw something on this problem this weekend on TV. There is a frame connector brace available that ties the frame together somewhere up by the steering box. I guess when a new Dodge is lifted and running bigger than stock tires, there can be deflection of the steering box on the frame.

We've got it on our truck and its pretty much amazing. We've only got 26K on our truck, and when we put it on you could instantly feel a difference in the way it drives.

Latest posts