• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Deep-fried turkeys

kevinhumphrey

It's that time again for the past 10 years or so we have been deep frying a turkey but using the same marinade for injection looking for something new this year what do you use??

Rubbed the whole thing down in yellow mustard and put some green label everglades seasoning on it and oooooooowweeee enjoy the delicious deep fried skin!

Re: Deep-fried turkeys

Fried three Saturday night. Three more this coming Wednesday. We use the generic tonys jalapeño injection for most. But my wife makes an Injection that's my favorite. It involves beer, hot sauce, soy sauce and butter. All of our turkeys get rubbed with our homemade rub. This is the first year we've had leftovers. But we did fry an extra turkey for the whole point of having left overs. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Injected 35 last night, marinating in in a walk in cooler, some will be fried Wednesday the rest Thursday morning. My dad acquired a Cajun recipe 30-40 years ago and has been frying ever since. The wife and I turned it into a business, advertised fried turkeys for sale one year, had more orders than we wanted to do. Our injection is a salt brine base and eight other ingredients. Frying as many birds as we do, can't use any sweet bases such as butter or salad dressings it eventually burns the grease. RTR

We try to do the same. Nowhere near that scale. Out of curiosity, how much do y'all sell them for? How many can you fry through one batch of grease?

All of our customers are friends, neighbors and coworkers so we keep them dirt cheap $45, we supply the bird and everything. I have two pots that can hold three birds the rest are the cheap singles, usually picked up at yards sales once the guy fries one and finds out how much work it is. I bought an unused burner, pot and fry kit for $12 last year. If you keep a close eye on your grease and don't let it start smoking I guess you are unlimited to how many you can cook. I just keep adding grease when it gets low. We usually fry three days in a row according to when the customer wants their bird. Over night as the grease cools the injection spices and crumbs will settle to the bottom of the pot, you can not just fire the pots up they have to be strained. Another reason our birds are sold so cheap is I don't buy much new grease for this purpose. I have a deli, I save the used grease from the fryers, store it in my walk-in cooler. I also do not use peanut oil, clear frying oil is cheaper but has a lower smoke temp, been using it for years just got to keep a closer eye on your temps. All my customers a repeats and returns from trying it their selves RTR

Very helpful info. Everyone I cook for is the same as you. We generally charge $50. That's including bird. With the injection we use our grease is normally good for 3-4 turkeys. After that I've found them to start to taste burnt. Guess I need to change marinades. Not sure is the wife will go for that. Lol