• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Did I miss the memo about housing builds skyrocketing?

LightBnDr said:
In my opinion the best thing you can do is sell right now at the peak of this market. Hang on to your cash then when this giant bubble bursts, go build your new dream home.

I think today is the worst time to buy a new house as well as build. Everything is over valued. Granted I know nobody cares about my opinion but some strategic moves with patience can pay off HUGE within this next year or two

The evaluation and comments in the above post should be the biggest red flag for anyone about to build.

It's financially impossible to sustain this "phony" explosion in growth. When we add millions of more people on gov benefits, interest rates are at 0 even negative in some places in the world, you can't deny there is problem.

It doesn't have to be yours. If you save what you got until this market tanks, you can build your dream home for half.

Nobody believes me though. Lol

That's what I am hoping to do. When we built in 08-09 it was during the real estate crash when everything took a nose dive. Kinda screwed us with comps when we finished and had to get financed. However, I am in hopes we can get top dollar now. We just bought another small tract of land (4.6 acres) and plan to build there. The goal is to put our house on the market very soon, sell it, and build a pole barn with an apartment until we can get everything lined out to build again. I will most likely contract it myself, unless I can find a general that is reasonable. BTW Those number y'all are throwing around are scaring the hell outta me!

blacksheep10 said:
So wait a year.5 for this bubble to bust again. If you have enough to build now you'll have enough to build then. Everybody wants our house right now I just can't afford to build right now the way I want to. I'm waiting it out a bit.
Agree BnDr, we are at a peak. If you buy into the craze and build now, you'll be too deep in a house that's undervalued when it busts. Wait a year and a half to build. Maybe 2. Sell NOW. Build later. Camper living for 2 years maybe? Shop apartment?

Re:

I'm really curious what's gonna happen during this bust. We're 20 trillion in debt and I heard the other day that if the Fed would raise the rate a quarter of 1 percent that it will cost us an extra 50 billion a year on the interest of the National debt.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's a mathematical certainty. If I were single I'd be willing to bet my life on the crash

The cool as well as scary part is you don't have to hear a single conspiracy theory. If you educate yourself about the history of this country and how we even became a society that pays taxes as well as how our monetary system was created, it will absolutely blow your mind how the last 100 years are puzzle pieces that fit together like magic.

Lol

The challenge now is once you are educated, taking the proper steps can be scary and totally against the grain.

The wealthiest people on the planet get even richer during a collapse. So let's get our minds in that ball game

Here is just one little golden nugget you can put under your pillow.

China is offering AMERICANS!!! 1.4% interest rates on 30 year mortgages. They are investing in our country in the US dollar. In sept they were invited to join the table at the IMF. Look it up if you aren't familiar. That's the world bank that prints money for world economies. Solely to bail out major failures. China has never been a member until Sept 16'

So let that marinate a bit. What that says is they know damn well they are going to pop. So they are running to the strongest currency on the planet, the US dollar. That's why they are investing in American debt.

So yes this means that most likely the dollar will go away and there will be another currency created. But at first the US dollar is gonna be GOLD. Then it too will collapse. You will have a window though just like 09 where you can invest and come out really well on the other side.

Ready go. LOL !!!

Sold our house in May...probably too cheap, 3600 living space with 4.1 acres/$265,000. Supposedly area held price down (too far from town)...oh well. New house is almost under roof. Paying as much outta pocket as we can before I get a draw from the bank. Gonna be my last one. Is what it is.. :drinkers:

Re:

We sold 2 houses this year, found the one we wanted, made what we thought was a good offer, they accepted it, like John Eddie, the house we made offer on was out in a rural area, appraisal on new house came in almost 35k lower than our offer (all due to rural area) Win Win for us, they accepted the appraisal on it. We are done, nice little all brick house, small shop on 6.5 acres.

Re:

What have you guys been getting on window prices for new homes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
What have you guys been getting on window prices for new homes

We're going with Pella Pro Line series, wood with the simulated divided light grills. 8 foot entry doors and 5 windows 72" with 14" transom and rest are 5' 6" windows or smaller. Our package was right at 16,000. Hope they're worth it.

Re: Re:

johneddie said:
We're going with Pella Pro Line series, wood with the simulated divided light grills. 8 foot entry doors and 5 windows 72" with 14" transom and rest are 5' 6" windows or smaller. Our package was right at 16,000. Hope they're worth it.
They being installed by the builder or the window company? Started to do a 8ft door but will have a vaulted ceiling. So just a normal doors.

What ratings on the windows did you decide on?

Re:

johneddie said:

You'll love them Pro Lines, trust me. :dblthumb: