• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel guru's, school us on buying a diesel

Why does everyone tout the Allison trannys in the GM trucks?

I hate mine, sure it does great in stock form towing and doing what it's told. But the minute you bitch slap it with some power, it goes into limp mode and you have to reprogram it to drive the damn thing.

Why does everyone tout the Allison trannys in the GM trucks?

I hate mine, sure it does great in stock form towing and doing what it's told. But the minute you bitch slap it with some power, it goes into limp mode and you have to reprogram it to drive the damn thing.

They were a serious upgrade to what the others had at the time.. Nowadays it really isn't any better. EFI live seems to control it the best, though. The internals are very large in comparison to the others. It's just the damn brains that kick everyones ass..

Cam. you forgot cam and why you keep talking bout tuesday??? that day holds NO significance. your foots gunna be shoved in your mouth...you have know idea whats going on in my head:D(bigger exh. hsg. AND OR ext. gate, intake manifold...)
and after that, will hook up trailer and go 4 a ride. Theres no where to dyno ill have to go up to monroe

Cam. you forgot cam and why you keep talking bout tuesday??? that day holds NO significance. your foots gunna be shoved in your mouth...you have know idea whats going on in my head:D(bigger exh. hsg. AND OR ext. gate, intake manifold...)
and after that, will hook up trailer and go 4 a ride. Theres no where to dyno ill have to go up to monroe

You've had lots for that truck and sold it all before it ever touched the engine bay. I'll believe this running monster when I see it :fawkdancesmiley:

Lots?? twin turbos thats all

twins are overrated. When you decide its time for your lawn ornament to go to the scrap yard i MIGHT buy your head. IF i feel its worthy for my monster :flipoff:

Lots?? twin turbos thats all

twins are overrated. When you decide its time for your lawn ornament to go to the scrap yard i MIGHT buy your head. IF i feel its worthy for my monster :flipoff:

Just remember, even when I had low compression on 3 cylinders because of a botched valve job. My truck still made more power then yours :flipoff:. Not to mention I've hauled more, towed more, and covered more miles then yours has. :kissmyass: I'd go out and key your truck right now, but you wouldn't be able to tell I did it :haha:

Mine will be on the road again eventually. Unlike some, I'd rather keep my house then mod my truck *cough, cough.*

Last edited:
Just remember, even when I had low compression on 3 cylinders because of a botched valve job. My truck still made more power then yours :flipoff:. Not to mention I've hauled more, towed more, and covered more miles then yours has. :kissmyass:

Mine will be on the road again eventually. Unlike some, I'd rather keep my house then mod my truck *cough, cough.*

OH SNAP. so you wanna play huh??? :stirpot:

my truck made 414 with DDP4's, no fuel plate and a HX40...everything else BONE STOCK What did yours make??? 460 with TWIN TURBOS, a 215 PUMP DV's injectors blah blah blah. and even with your setup and HP numbers....um i think i still beat ya in our little race up the hill. :fawkdancesmiley: Now you cant go blameing all this on slightly low pressures (prob. just normal for the miles on the truck)
DRIVER ERROR...CRAPPY TRUCK. :D As far as the "hauled more towed more BS" Doubt it. 4000lb camper dead weight in the bed plus 8-9000lbs behind vantage at 75mph...oh SO many camping/wheelin trips. Wait, hold on a minute...what do you haul anyways??? Not on the list: wheeler? check. Camper? check. Fifth wheel? check. Any trailer at all? check. Do you even have a trailer hitch jeff?? :haha:

I'd go out and key your truck right now, but you wouldn't be able to tell I did it :haha:

Ya you wouldnt be able to tell. Its also a work truck. so it sees all the rough roads and trails. Gets put to good use. yours is a pretty pretty princess truck. Its my trucks wife :flipoff:

At least my responses have truth to them. If you really believe any of those retorts.. You haven't listened to a word I've said to you in the last few years.. Now quit your poor slams and get your damn injectors over here so we can see what your POS can do. I need to see if a Dinosaur motor can actually spin a 66 at less then 2500 RPM.... And bring me a bottle of Crown on your way over

HAHA you gotta go drink after all my poor slams :D that turbo will light around 2k im thinkin. hopefully alot better with the cam. Ill bring ya a giant bottle of crown if ya let me do my cam over there next weekend :D

Dam thats alot of crap to read!...do i need to do all this **** if i want to by a powerstroke?

PS it runs like a top because its a 7.3 and prolly stock :D

you might have to read it all.. or you can read what you need. oh and it':flipoff:s not stock. some people cant leave well enough alone...

I just hauled a uhaul 6x12 over loaded and the truck was loaded to the point that the rear tires looked flat at 60psi and the best I got for mileage coming back from MN was 17 mpg
This 03 Dodge is the **** in my book...all bone stock and goes up the passes easily loaded...
and it started right up all the way to -10
the one minus was to get the good mileage I had to drive 65 to keep the rpm's close to 2k

I just hauled a uhaul 6x12 over loaded and the truck was loaded to the point that the rear tires looked flat at 60psi and the best I got for mileage coming back from MN was 17 mpg
This 03 Dodge is the **** in my book...all bone stock and goes up the passes easily loaded...
and it started right up all the way to -10
the one minus was to get the good mileage I had to drive 65 to keep the rpm's close to 2k

:rolleyes: