• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel or Gas???

Where is the probe? Pre Turbo you are plenty fine at 1250. Both cummins and international say that. With the newer trucks able withstand higher temps due to emissions. I ran mine at 1300 all the way up vantage at 22k. My Dad ran hotter at 1350 with his 05 at 26k. But I asked him not to do that again :rolleyes:. No ill effects from either. Short sprints you can take it higher (seconds). I use to watch my EGT's go past 1600 with ease and point straight down. Thankfully aftermarket support is a bit better nowadays and a well tuned street truck doesn't need to do that. But if your Pyro is post Turbo, it's very difficult to get an accurate reading and should be relocated.

Probe is pre turbo.
I think the previous owner had everythign done by a shop so it should have been done right. I have a stack of service records and aftermarket parts receipts that came with.

Good to know how hot i can go. Thanks for the info everyone.

Filled up yesterday from this wekend and i was getting around 16.5 MPG, but I love the sound of that turbo so its hard to keep my foot out of it! :D
Hope to get a little better than that, i would be really happy with 18.

My dad has a 2011 6.7 and he says he only gets like 14 MPG. Only drives it around town for the most part tho so its not gettig any highway miles...That dont seem right to me with all the emission crap they have. :eeek:

I know yer all gonna think this is :rb:

My two cents. Not a tow rig, but daily driver. Picked up a TDI VW. I can drive to freaking Montana on 10 gallons.
I can blow black smoke in the face of Prius drivers and get better fuel mileage doing it.:flipoff:
I don't drive the jeep anymore....well except to go wheeling.
I'd like to convert the jeep do diesel.

My 1995 f-350 crew cab has 319K on it and all I have done to it is 2 sets of ball joints,swapped the auto for a 5 speed ($2000 to do),waterpump,alt twice and I just put a full set of injectors as one went bad at 291K.

It gets an average of 16.2mpg with 37's and that is used as a crewbus in the woods daily. It is the toughest and most reliable pickup I have owned. I have had cummins,Duramax,newer PSD's,ect.

If you can find a nice 95-97 that is your best bet as I have put over a million miles on diesel pickups and this is the best combo I have found.