• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

16 gauge just a bit over 1/16, we were gonna do al but my crappy tig hates al thinner than .125. No update today we spent all day on the rzr, but we did get a **** load of parts in.

Hadley came by and started mounting fuel tank.

A pair of headers that just don't know it yet.

Cool panaram garage pic.

Rzr cage is finally done, did some measuring on the headers and hadley worked on the fuel tank front mounts.

All right time for some quick header tech, these are 1 7/8" primary into 3.5" dynomax race bullets with turn outs for that bouncer look and sound. Building you own headers is not the cheapest way out, but from the beginning of this build we planned on going custom and doing a set with a distinct look.
The parts pile.

Step one, install flanges and use all the bolts(this way you will be sure they all will come back out).

That being our starting point, I started on the target end point.
I needed a shorter collector so a quick cut later.

I then cut the 3.5" mandrel bent 180 down and tacked it in place.(This will get cut down later.)

I cut the end off an old unused swaybar endlink and tacked it to the muffler and added some tabs to the chassis to hold it in place. This may get changed out or moved later.

A bolt was tacked in as well so I wasn't trying to hit a moving target while doing the primarys.

Tube 1, I try to start with the hardest first but in this case all of them are gonna suck.

Tube 2.

Using mandrel bent tubes so as long as you cut perpendicular to the plane of bend all the joints will be the same size and take time to get a decent fitup so they will be easier to weld out.
Start of tube 3, notice the smaller 2" clr bent inner tube fits inside of the 4"clr outer tubes.

I am trying to keep all the tubes coming out of the head at the same angle so they look better.

You can see how tight all this is.

Thats it for tonight.

#3 in.

#4 in and done.

Tried to keep them out away from the coil packs ect.
After removing the sparkplugs, temp sensor, ps pump and resi it came out. Not ideal but packaging is tight, will also have to relocate lower mount as it hit coming out.

Set on the table, marked 3-4 and cut tacks.

#3 full welded.

#4 full welded.

Used a piece of al tig rod to measure out the primarys, they are within 2" averaging out at 30".

Thanks guys.
About 10 hrs all in full welded.
I tacked 3-4 back in then removed 1-2 and welded out.

Then pulled the collector and welded in a star I cut from some 16g sheet metal.

While the collector was off went ahead and welded collector to muffler and welded on the turn out.

Tacked the flange in 6 spots to a piece of 2" .250 boxtube to minimize warping and cheated, Mig welded the tubes into the flange.

Tig welded most of the collector to tube joint, and migged the pockets about an inch up for extra strength.

All done, with a wicked slash cut.

Start passenger side tomrow.

awesome! where did you get your header kit?
I think I am going to build a set for my rig. The center dump headers are going to be a PITA to use and will need to be cut up to somewhat work.

looking forward to seeing the other side!

Brian

Pass side all mocked up.

The left overs.

How the tip cut was mirrored.

Shifters going in.

Busted Knuckle count down calender, 80 days to go. Love the WOD race buggy.

Sold the baja ss seats and the replacement ultras showed up today.

Assembled the Wilwood brake system.

2.5" links from WOD to replace the pvc.

And a shot of what I build during the day time.