• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Disney World

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have never been and my wife sprang it on me that we are going a week plus 3 days after the HPO ride. I will have a 4 and 2 year old with me. My third child is 33. Please give advice, volunteer to go for me or give me double birdie fingers if thats what I am jumping into.

The super sad part is that she offered me to pay for it with a 2 week window, starting today. The mighty white parts she offered me to drive there and back.....whoop, whoop

Anyhow...pointers and would do again or wouldn't do agains are appreciated.

There is so much to tell.....lol. we just got back about a month ago. There is so much to see its kind of overwhelming the first time. Luckily my parents went with us and they had been before or we would have been lost!!. We had a meal plan which helped alot and fast passes for some of the rides/attractions. Are you booking on "My Disney Experience" as a package or just trying to buy tickets to parks. Its crazy expensive. 7 of us went and with plane tickets and everything for 7 days it was approx $8300. If you are driving subtract half for plane tickets.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/

Also not sure how well it will go trying to book with short notice. We booked almost a year in advance and some of the restaurants were booked a year ahead.
They will have to send you whats called "magic bands". Its a wrist bracelet that everyone in your group wears. It acts as room key, park pass, meal ticket...etc. every where you go its your "golden ticket". They mail them to you preprogrammed with all your info

A guy at work recently went. His advice to me was wait till the kids are 9. That way they still get the cheaper rate but are old enough to remember it.

I think this might be our new yearly vacation :****: Thats how I am planning from now on at least

Make sure Magic Kingdom is the last park visited. It is the best but build up to it so you wont be disappointed in the rest. Each one was really good and had something for everyone but was not as good as MK. Make sure you check out the Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show. It was one of my favorite things.

If you watched Disney stuff as a kid make sure you check out the rides from back then, they made my day. My thing was to ride Dumbo, my kids didnt want to so I made them cause I had wanted to for 30yrs. It was not as flashy as other rides but settled a childhood desire. Wanted to do teacups too but was afraid I would blow chunks from the round and round.

We went spring break week this year. Busy, but with school age kids, dates are limited. It was packed at times but so large only seemed bad a few times.

Do the meal plan and fast pass as mentioned. It costs but reduced grief and aggravation is worth something. Try to get to the Chevy test track. It was cool.

Only advice I have is to keep saying "it's for my kids". That kept me from going hostile on some of the incompetent parent's and trash you'll run in to. :****:

My wife and I (mostly my wife) agreed we'd go only once more in our lives. Because we just had a newborn and it's only "fair" she goes when old enough to.

Like said above get the fast passes. Also a thing we had was the park Hopper. So if you got to one park and didn't like it, you could go to another. But honestly didn't find a park I didn't like, but some are better than others. We went for 10 days last Summer and didn't see it all. I went with my step mom and 2 Little brothers and had just as much fun as them at 25 . Also, we didn't do the meal plan because we didn't want to be locked down to where we had to be at. It was not bad just winging it on the food because every different corner has something to eat, but it's pretty expensive like anything you would expect there

We go a few times a year. If you have any specific questions give me a shout. Restaurants start booking 180 days in advance, fast pass starts at 45 days out. try to do a little planning if you can. Or, just relax and don't feel like you have to see everything. The biggest complaint that I normally hear is that people weren't able to fit it all in. So, either plan like hell, or give that up and go have fun.

Disney World is awesome. It'll take you back to being a kid again. I'm from Florida and we use to go to Disney a lot. Now since we live in AZ, we go to Disneyland, which is still a lot of fun, but I don't think it's as good as Disney World. Also, I hate dealing with the flat-bill southern California faggots while I'm there.

Fast pass, hopper and sandwiches FTW. No lines, go where you want and eat when you get ready. Universal has the best rides to me.

If you plan on eating in the park it is worth buying the food deal for the day. The fast passes are nice also. however much you plan on spending, double that. If you go on a weekday there are hardly any lines.

Also from FL and if I never go back to Disney it will be Too soon. Best tip is to learn a new language, English is not even a secondary language in Disney . #2 Get lost at HPO so you don't have to go. #3 take a class in diversity, they support everything that will get you banned from here for talking about. RTR

I do not know how crowded it will be while you are there, it was packed when I was there a few years back. As we went through the gate I saw the signs for the Fast Pass. I was like they can shove that where the sun don't shine. I did not pay this price for tickets to turn around and pay that much for a "fast pass". An hour and half later and one ride on anything and we had our fast passes.

mna0121 said:
Also from FL and if I never go back to Disney it will be Too soon. Best tip is to learn a new language, English is not even a secondary language in Disney . #2 Get lost at HPO so you don't have to go. #3 take a class in diversity, they support everything that will get you banned from here for talking about. RTR
X2

I hate that place. It's a people trap set by a mouse.

We have been a couple times. Most recent was last September last year. We done 5 days with tickets to each park and we did the meal plan. The meal plan doesn't pin you down to when and where you can eat, it saves you a **** ton of money if you have kids that are constantly hungry lol. One thing we did to ease our pain of waiting in lines was getting to the park that day as early as possible and have breakfast ate before 7am. That way around 10:30 everyone was getting hungry and restaurants where starting to open at that time. We usually just walked right up and ordered our food. By the time we were done eating around 11 to 11:15, it was so crowded and a line out the door to order. And then we usually had about an hour of short lines because everybody else was fighting the lunch crowd. We where pretty much done by 3:30 or 4 every day. That gave us time to get back to our resort and clean up for dinner which we hit around 5 to 6 pm.

Just readjust your schedule to where it is different from the masses and you will save so much time.

Latest posts