• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DNR Has delayed the Reiter SEPA Approval.

Alan

Broken on Backdoor
Hi All:

The DNR released a statement this afternoon saying that the SEPA for the Reiter Foothills project has been delayed. :wtf:

-Alan

Attachments

• amp_sepa_other_reitertrail_delay.pdf
    415.1 KB · Views: 109
Sweet. Time to lift the "temporary closure." If there is no forward progress being made then there is no reason to keep us out. The place was only closed temporarily to allow the construction of an official ORV area. That is what they said. No construction of the new area, no need to keep the old area closed.

Waits for back lash from the I don't like wheelin anymore so you shouldn't either crowd.

Yep I agree with Money. Don't rush it. I went out there last weekend. Scoped it out. There is some SERIOUS signage all over. With big red letters saying keep out. No Vehicles Beyond yadda-yadda-yadda. It was Maddening. There is also gates and road blocks at every main entrance off of Reiter road. It's obviously extremely easy to penetrate these gatekeepers. But the DNR has really spent time making it clear that they have NO intention of us getting back in there. There was also a lot of work put in by the Sheriff's office to put up do not cross line tape. I can't begin to express the anger I still have for the closure. So tough for me to deal with, not being allowed into a place I love so much. Spent so much time. This is America. Land of the free. Yeah right...At some point (sooner than later) I won't give a **** anymore.

How about an organized take-over of our beloved trails. Imagine if a massive group of us showed up and just went wheeling. It's fun to imagine.:beer: See ya on the trails

How about an organized take-over of our beloved trails. Imagine if a massive group of us showed up and just went wheeling.

This is the sure way to set up disaster.:eek:hshit: Don't do it.

The locals will let us know when we should come back.......because they will have already been there awhile.:;

Hi All:

The DNR released a statement this afternoon saying that the SEPA for the Reiter Foothills project has been delayed. :wtf:

-Alan

All I have to say is they keep wanting us to give them this and give them that but realy what have they gave us .
BUT A LINE OF ****.
Duane

The tape was strung across the trail, that is the most convenient to get into the trails on. The bypass trail that kept "us" off Reiter road, at the fish hatchery right turn, is where a road block is setup. The stickers that were on the road closed sign indicated that the sign was put there by the Sheriff ( but that's probably the norm). So I parked and hiked up a ways. I could see where (not too recently) a vehicle had ignored the signs and gone in on the trail. The tape was all snapped. So I assume it was put there to easily tell if any vehicles had gone in. And it was just the typical yellow "Police Line do not cross" tape. Pretty sneaky of'em. But who knows. Charlie probably put it there. :confused: There is literally cement block at all the roads that lead off of Reiter road. And EVERY trail that leads off of Reiter. I was pretty shocked at how much time, effort and money (signs every other tree!) was spent on keeping ORV's out.

Last edited:
They did the same letter on the last one. No worries things are moving along.

AND YOU KEEP SAYING THIS
You come to meetings and tell us thing are moving forward but yet LOOK AT THE LATEST . looks like a good step forward AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Yet you want our support can we get a little back .
Duane

Hold to the plan.................

Ok, fine. There is still a ****-ton of Restoration work to be done. My understanding is there will be funding needed to pay the WCC workers that would be doing this heavy amount of Restoration work (Phase 1 - Funding). I suppose volunteers can do it if funding for the WCC workers is not found. And if the Resoration work takes X amount of volunteer worker time and the delay ,and final DNS, of the SEPA is of X amount of equal time, we'd still be on track. For all intents and purposes.

I should really read my post's out loud before I submit them. I had to edit that last one like 4 times after the fact! 1 vodka 7 and I can type:redneck:

AND YOU KEEP SAYING THIS
You come to meetings and tell us thing are moving forward but yet LOOK AT THE LATEST . looks like a good step forward AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Yet you want our support can we get a little back .
Duane

Get involved and you will know what the **** is going on.
go to the meetings
read the updates

Here is a little back
trail plan
trail specs
the request for 3.9 mil for reiter
the petition
lobby days
comunity meetings
endless E mails and phone calls

that is mine :hi: what have you did:corn: