• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do any of you guys run Emulsion vs remote res Coilovers?

Glen1978

Sun does shine on a DOGS ASS!
Just really got to thinking about this.....getting to the point of starting my suspension on my rig. Toyota truggy, LS, 241/205 doubler, tons, 42's. I guess what started me thinking is seeing something about one of Timmys old rigs on Pirate.....emulsions...? HMM. There cheaper to start with and any penny I can shave off the build is money in the bank and a quicker deadline for finishing. Im not gona be doing any highspeed desert running or crap like that. I had planned to run Fox 2.0 14" travel remote res coilovers but now Im wondering. Most of my time is in Clayton, Katemcy, Hot Springs. If I were to run emulsions do I need to step it up to 2.5's? Intereted to hear some opinions.

I plan on swapping to emulsionsthis winter and then adding reservoirs when money permits. I'm sick of my air shocks on my buggy.

I had fox remote resi 2.0s on my last juggy and now I am running FOA Emulsions. I just do trail riding with some light bouncing... :driving:. I looked at a lot of the bouncers out there and seems like most are running Emulsions or have the resi's hidden.. :dunno:

I do not have reservoirs on either of my rigs. I have never felt a hot shock after riding. Whoops in the desert, different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

highrolrcustoms said:
I had fox remote resi 2.0s on my last juggy and now I am running FOA Emulsions. I just do trail riding with some light bouncing... :driving:. I looked at a lot of the bouncers out there and seems like most are running Emulsions or have the resi's hidden.. :dunno:

Any issues out of the FOA's?

haven't really got to test them out yet but seem well built and priced nicely. I got 16" with dual rate hardware and springs for under $600 shipped to my door!

Not knocking your coil overs but do a search on the foa's before you buy them, there has been a lot of complaints

That price was 2. Alot of people knock foa but I figured for the price I would give them a try. If I was building a full competition rock bouncer I would run somthing alot better. But for a poor boy budget build it seems to be a good coil over. Alot of people jump on the band wagon knocking foa and has never had hands on experience with them

Just go ahead and save up for ORI

If you don't want to then get CO but with just trail riding you don't need reservoirs.

highrolrcustoms said:
That price was 2. Alot of people knock foa but I figured for the price I would give them a try. If I was building a full competition rock bouncer I would run somthing alot better. But for a poor boy budget build it seems to be a good coil over. Alot of people jump on the band wagon knocking foa and has never had hands on experience with them
this is why they are still in business in my eyes cause they are cheap people what the hell I'll try em for that price foas are the biggest pos I've ever owned

NTIDWELL said:
this is why they are still in business in my eyes cause they are cheap people what the hell I'll try em for that price foas are the biggest pos I've ever owned

x2. They replaced my new shocks twice (yes, that's 12 total shocks shipped to me for the price of 4) and still couldn't get me some that didn't leak. They also replaced my air bumps once for factory defect in workmanship and another two times for leaks (12 more bumps) and they still leak also. I just gave up and got Fox 2.0's without issues. I'm still running the leaky FOA's because I just couldn't afford to buy both shocks and bumps twice before I ever put a mile on the rig.

I was seriously thinking about giving the FOA's a try but dang. Thats alot of swapping out and headache. I have a question though. When I look on FOA sight they have all these options, dual rate kit, high temp this and that. If I get FOX do they come with all that? Ive priced FOX on several sites and there are never any options to pick, well other than length.

highrolrcustoms said:
Why are FOA considered junk compared to say a fox 2.0?

They have a smaller shaft than the Fox does. It's also sub par material. They bend easily.
Fox-7/8
FOA-3/4
They also have a lot of issues with leaking. My brother resealed his about 3 times before he gave up and got a set of Fox.
I had a set of FOA's that never gave me an issue. But out of about 7 people I know, I was the only one.

When I ordered mine the first time, I was missing hardware also. I have ordered about 6 sets of Fox for various rigs and buddy's and never had a part missing.

The Pro-Fenders seem to be a pretty good shock and bump for the money though. Downside is the shock body is steel. Not really a big deal if you keep your rig inside and take care of it though. There is an article somewhere comparing the bumps to a Fox. Pretty much identical.