• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do it all over...

Go back ten years ago to when I was working my ass off and living at work. Spend less money on booze, women, and not waste all the money I did on learning how to build something with my jeep but just buy that 4 seat WOD buggy with the 8.1 in it.

I say that now but I had a lot of good times for quite a while,met a lot of great people, learned a lot and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at although I'm selling my jeep to pay off my SXS.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

spent years driving and wheelin an s10 that was on d44/9 and 37s. then went to d60/14/42s and made it a trailer queen and made it a truggy. wrecked in a violent roll and now have a buggy. super happy with where we're at right now and wouldn't change it. while I do miss driving a rig on the street, I wouldn't trade that for hopping in the buggy and running whatever I want and having 4 seats for comfort and storage.

I'"d have put the set of 4.88 geared D60/70 in my first truggy after wrecking the yota axles for the 11th time.
Instead of selling the tons, gathering Rockwell parts then scrapping the whole project

I'"d probably still be wheeling that rig (yeah right)

If I was going to start ALL over I'd have just started riding trials bikes and studied accounting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddinmetal said:
I want a rig that can handle and utalize 43 stickies, don't get me wrong...
But, the most fun you can have in the woods is a stock ish Cherokee with cut fenders and the tallest, skinny, light tire you can find (think 34x10.5)... You may end up putting an 8.8 or 44 in the rear and you'll have no straight body panels left eventually, but a Xj/Zj on 34s will last and you will have more fun than you could possibly imagine. Plus you could drive it to the store with heat and air conditioning

Had one of those beater XJs through college. Tooooons of fun.

Let's see, I wheeled a Frontier with a D44 front axle, then parted it out and regretted it, built a samurai buggy, parted it out and regretted it, and now have a one ton Pathfinder, a wife, and 2 kids plus one on the way.

If I could go back I'd have started with a clean Pathfinder at first and would probably have a caged LS swapped one at this point, but I'm pretty happy where I'm at - just don't wheel enough.

I'd start by never starting......ride my mountain bike and probably had my house paid off by now...........kidding....sort of. I've had a blast and met tons of cool people, but would have stayed medium build that's streetable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a rigless rider like Frenchie might be the ticket. All the fun and none of the responsibilities. Just show up and party and that dude seems to be at every event.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Im pretty happy where I am now. That being said if I could go back with my current knowledge I would have saved my money bought a built dual purpose rig and have more money in my pocket for other stupid stuff. Prolly would have worked harder to keep the extra 60-70lb I have down, because its alot harder to get it off now than 20yrs ago.

onepieceatatime said:
Being a rigless rider like Frenchie might be the ticket. All the fun and none of the responsibilities. Just show up and party and that dude seems to be at every event.

Can't touch this :JRich:

That said, once my imaginary rig is gonna be a reality, it's gonna be sweeeeeeet.

But not now, maybe in 3 years if everything goes according to the plan...

We try and do it all over. Kitchen, outside, Wal-Mart....

Wait, what are y'all talking about?

If I could do it all over again I would change everything. Not get married, no kids, different career, different rig, different house..... not really. I wouldn't change a thing. Everything I screwed up to this point has helped me learn a lesson, including the rig. I have gained a lot of wisdom and don't wheel but a few times a year anyway so my old beater is good. I'm fortunate to have a wife that was with me through my hard to live around times ao I'm sure she would answer this question differently :rolf:

I am one who never got rid of my first ride. Still have the same CJ7 since 1992... Its been cut up and stretched. I am so lucky that it still works well enough to get me around most parks.

Man I would love a new buggy though. Be able to get some actual wheel spin drool

If I had to go back, I would have kept my stretched CJ on 38s instead of cutting up for a buggy. Or kept my yota buggy on 38s.

I really need to build the buggy I've talked about for years... super light with 4cyl or transaxle. Low, shorter, with smaller tires. Bring back the fun from years past, but even better without the sheet metal.