• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge Clutch

Jaydog

Realistically, how long should a clutch last in a 1 ton Dodge, mine has just a little over 15K miles on it and the clutch is slipping pretty bad, this thing has had more problems than any truck I have ever owned. I should have waited another year before buying the 6.7 CTD, but I had to have it :mad:

The warranty for the clutch is only good for 12K miles, so now I get to eat this.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

we replaced the clutch in my Dad's G56.. You can get a southbend con OFE with new flywheel for about a grand I believe. You will also need new hydraulics.. I think it cost my Dad about 1100 for everything. After installing a smarty on it. It didn't last a week before the stocker needed to be replaced. As far as labor goes I have absolutely no clue. But your tranny (clutch) will be a little noisier since the dual mass flywheel is out of the picture. And not quite as smooth, but still nice to drive. Replacing it with a stock clutch is just pointless. You can call MikeR at the powershop. they're the only ones locally that I can think of that buy directly from Peter at Southbend..

we replaced the clutch in my Dad's G56.. You can get a southbend con OFE with new flywheel for about a grand I believe. You will also need new hydraulics.. I think it cost my Dad about 1100 for everything. After installing a smarty on it. It didn't last a week before the stocker needed to be replaced. As far as labor goes I have absolutely no clue. But your tranny (clutch) will be a little noisier since the dual mass flywheel is out of the picture. And not quite as smooth, but still nice to drive. Replacing it with a stock clutch is just pointless. You can call MikeR at the powershop. they're the only ones locally that I can think of that buy directly from Peter at Southbend..

It that the diesel place in Enumclaw?

Jason dont forget the part where you pull a mini excavater with that thing all the time :corn:
Yea, but that's only 13,500 lbs and my 2000 CTD pulled a 35' gooseneck and dozer @ around 21K without ever losing a clutch.

geez, 15k miles!!! :wtf:
I realize there are not too many of these on the road with miles on them, so this is a little premature.. but is this something thats common among the new diesels??
dodge!!!

I know you're out of town Jay, but your truck's done and your dad picked it up! hahahaha

J
You Rock John. :cheer:

Thanks again, the clutch is way softer and a lot nicer on my knee now, as soon as I got home I took it out and tried to use the clutch as much as possible to break it in, should be ready for towing in a couple days :cool:

You Rock John. :cheer:

Thanks again, the clutch is way softer and a lot nicer on my knee now, as soon as I got home I took it out and tried to use the clutch as much as possible to break it in, should be ready for towing in a couple days :cool:

What did you end up going with?