• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge owners

ranger11

Make sure you keep an eye on #4 injector line. I knew it was a common problem always check when I change the oil. Well 1200 miles after my last oil change the mount (the plastic part) broke loose and caused the injector line to break spraying fuel from the front to the tailgate. When I opened the hood I slammed it back down thinking it was on fire. I can only thank God my truck and family didn't burn to the ground. Crazy thing is we were on the last strech of a 12hr drive back home and one of my boys had to pee bad so I pulled over on the interstate and seen the smoke and smelt fuel. Geno's garage has an upgraded line for less than what a stock replacement from dorman costs. Btw I've owned the truck 9years so I've been checking it for years. When I checked the bolt it was tight but the plastic part had worn enough to allow the line to vibrate. thinking this is only third gen but not sure

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is only 03-07 5.9's. It is a very common issue, but I've owned 3 different 3rd gen 5.9's and put alot of miles on them and never had this issue with any of them. Glad you and your family were not harmed.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I have a 04.5 and have never heard of the issue.

Had one break on mine and scary is an understatement when you pop the hood and diesel fuel is spraying everywhere. The replacement from mopar uses a different isolator on the mount and so far has been good every time I've checked it.

I have an '04 and I've never heard of this either. I'll definitely have to look into upgrading it. Is it a difficult fix?

Thanks for the heads up!

Only issue I've ever had from my 05 was a blown #6 exhaust manifold gasket. That was a fun fix.

hokie_yj said:
I have an '04 and I've never heard of this either. I'll definitely have to look into upgrading it. Is it a difficult fix?

Thanks for the heads up!

Takes about 5 minutes to do

a buddy of mine told me about this a few years ago and to be honest I completely forgot about it... good heads up man for sure, I'm going to look into it on my '06

glad you guys are ok!

thanks again

#4 has been the most common I've heard of and is the main line if you Google it. For some reason its #4.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Wow, news to me too and I bought my 04 brand new. Thx for the heads up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife drove my truck (2006 Cummins) to the store one night. Then, called me coming home saying she smelt fuel, I said well pull over. She was almost home and pulled in the driveway and diesel was spraying everywhere. Luckily, not towards the turbo or exhaust manifold. It was the #4 injector line also.

I had a air dog line split and sprayed fuel all over the block and engine compartment. Thankfully i was moving a trailer at my parents and was able to fix it quickly and not on the side of the freeway.

Geno's Garage has the upgraded Cummins line, I ordered mine the night Ranger11 called and told me about his, it was delivered yesterday. Fast and cheap.

Well I looked at mine today and was surprised to see the clamps for (if I remember right) 3, 4 and 5 were not even bolted down. Just laying there where I could spin them around the line by hand. I assume this was deliberate from the previous owner. Is unbolting the clamps a common thing to eliminate the problem?

No, vibrations after clamps fail crack the lines. Here's the upgraded Cummins #4 line part number.
5dc737bc3343b4943be134b4dd4486cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk