• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge electronic speedo calibration

CrustyJeep

I need to calibrate the speedo on our '99 Dodge 2500. It's got the electronic style that ties into the ABS system.

Does anybody near Monroe have a module or something that will do this, via the OBDII plug?

Or recommendations on one I could buy that's not too stupid expensive?

Thx...

As far as i know, the only way to change the speedo on those trucks is with the external module... DDP used to sell them, and i remember they were pretty slick... Plug in two wires, and you had a dial on the side of the box, and you dialed it right in... I can't remember which brand it was though...

So heres a random question...What the heck sensor is in the rear of the t/case?? Its gear driven...cruise control or something?

So heres a random question...What the heck sensor is in the rear of the t/case?? Its gear driven...cruise control or something?

From what i've understood that's where the speedo pick up is located...

Kewl...i guess i didint index the thing far enough..I kinda want my speedo back.

someone told me the 1st gens have it at the tcase output shaft.. the 94+ should have it at the pumpkin? Mine's a 98 so it's at the pumpkin.. Not sure on 97 and earlier.

someone told me the 1st gens have it at the tcase output shaft.. the 94+ should have it at the pumpkin? Mine's a 98 so it's at the pumpkin.. Not sure on 97 and earlier.

I know the early years of the second gens had them on the T-Case...

I don't think that is a selectable option with what I have, It's part of the downloaded program.

The Smarty's stock program that it reloads when you remove the upgraded programs includes the high idle. Mine started doing it this winter out of the blue when it never did it at all last winter (before I tested out your Smarty) and I remembered that someone had mentioned that on DTR. So basically just upload one of the higher level programs, then remove it and reload the stock one and you'll get the high idle and 3 cylinder high idle on any truck.

The other option for the high idle is to just go to the dealer and have them flash the latest PCM program... sometimes you have to specifically mention it, some places don't have a clue what you're talking about. I've heard you can request the changes that you would get with the "cold weather package" where the high idle and 3 cyl. high idle were enabled by default.

i checked, the speed/abs portion of the 3rd gen IS vin locked.

see if you can hook up with brad or any of the other 2nd gen guys w/ smartys around here on nwbombers...

worst case senario, make a trip with me to arlington the weekend of the 23rd... come experiance a " bomb party" great way to learn...