• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dodge newb?

Revive this thread cause I have a few questions. I was doing an oil change the other day and putting my new intake on when I noticed 3 small cracks on the exhaust manifold. I know its a common thing for these to crack so there should be lots of info on what to do now. 2 of the cracks are on the manifold itself and one is on the turbo ped. These cracks are small, maybe 1" long, no sout around them yet.

About a months ago I restored the factory computer settings and sold the Preditor tuner. I just ordered pyro and boost gauges yesterday so I have no clue how hot it was getting.

What are my options? Run it tell it leaks? Try and Ni rod weld it?

Is the AFE SS manifod worth the coin?

Last edited:
I have a 06. I say run it till it leaks and then get a nice 2 peice manifold and a smarty. I love my smarty but my tranny doesnt.

Ya thats what Im thinking too on the manifold.

Since I have tuner-less right now I am thinking of holding out EFILive suport for the 03-05 croud. Its too close to being released to buy a Smarty right now.

Run it til she's done. I'm leaning towards the steedspeed SS manifold. Pricey, but the gains are better then any of the 2 or 3 piece manifolds. Or you can just get another stocker.

Run it til she's done. I'm leaning towards the steedspeed SS manifold. Pricey, but the gains are better then any of the 2 or 3 piece manifolds. Or you can just get another stocker.

I will have to look at the steedspeed one, I have not seen that one. I know AFE and Stainlessdeisel makes one.

Im assuming that SS is the way to go? I dont want to spend 300 on another stocker just to let if crack again.

Sexy and gains, I figured it was a win/win, lol.

What one fits the 05 CR trucks? They seem to do it by turbo and I plan to keep the stock turbo in her. They all look like they change the position of the mount a little. My turbo hangs off the bottom of the manifold.

First half tank without the Preditor tuner, running stock tune, 35" muds, AFE exhaust and full intake and I broke 17 mpg. I never got over 15 mpg with the tuner on econo. Not sure if its a fluke or not but ill keep driving it to see.

If I can remember, I'll try to call them on Monday. They show 24 and 12 valve, but I don't know about common rails. I don't see why they wouldn't offer it, or have it in the works. You'd want the T3 foot. T4 is for the larger single turbo guys. T6 is pretty much worthless on anything but a sled puller.